ZZT 4.0

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

WHO SHOULD BE TINY TIM?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:20 am

Autustic Ando
41%
Stupid ZZO38 <----Nadir's choice
59%

Total votes: 17

Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

EmilyW wrote:The drum notes are emulated ZZM style because we felt they were more versatile than the original ZZT indistinguishable ticks.
They weren't indistinguishable on my OLD old computer...
Spectere
wants to have your babies.

Post by Spectere »

No, they aren't supposed to be indistinguishable.

Pretty much the only systems that they've been indistinguishable on are my newest computers. Actually, I think the problem might be 2000/XP (would someone with Win98 please confirm this?). It just seems like since I've used NT 5.X (1999-present) I haven't been able to hear the lovely percussion sounds.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

That's actually one of the few changes from the original I'd support. The ZZM drums are much nicer.
Spectere
wants to have your babies.

Post by Spectere »

Yeah, the drums sound a lot nicer in PLASTIC, but the problem is that the "notes" hold for too long and the song ends up sounding wrong.

Just play a song that uses a lot of percussion sounds and you'll see what I mean right away.
wil
GABZABOOLZABBA

Post by wil »

ahh. I had noticed that about the zzm drums but i guess we'd forgotten to address that issue. When we found the bug that made high notes play wrong i was so delighted i forgot about everything else. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.