Please discuss LST-WIN in this thread that I posted

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

crank
rules.

Please discuss LST-WIN in this thread that I posted

Post by crank »

About two years ago, I released Little Square Things for ZZT. Now, two years later, it's JUDGEMENT DAY. For WINDOWS.

That's right! You thought you KILLED the final guy from LST (I forget his name), but he's BACK FROM THE DEAD FOR A SEQUEL I guess

Anyway, for those who have played the original, this game is going to be similar, in that you CONTROL MULTIPLE BLOCKS AT THE SAME TIME and have to COVER UP ALL OF THE SENSORS. This time, though, the blocks have some depth and the sensors flash!!

But that's not ALL that's new. There are new kinds of Square Things, new obstacles to overcome, and levels that rotate and wrap around on themselves. There are switches, lasers, and buzzsaws. And some will be glad to know that some of the more ill-conceived blocks, like the slow-moving block and the conformist square, are gone. Also, this game should be much easier to learn and get into. And it'll have a campaign editor so you can easily create your own stupid levels and share them with your stupid friends.

So let's look at some screenshots from the game! That sounds good. I doubt you even read the text above after you saw that this thread had pictures, because you probably don't know how to read.

Edit: All the links were broken, so here's the awesome screenshot page.

If you like what you see, please tell me so I don't cry and become discouraged. If you don't like what you see, please tell me so I don't release a crappy game, then cry and become discouraged. If there's some crap in the original version that you'd like to see here or that you'd like to see gone, please tell me!! And please also ask questions. You can make a suggestion AND ask a question in the same post if you want (is that okay, site administrators?)

That's it, I guess.

Here are some questions that were asked in this thread. I will do my best to answer them as completely as possible.

Q. Will you port this game to Linux? I use RedHat Linux only, because I don't like supporting Micro$oft since Windows costs money.
A. Sorry, but if I ported it to Linux, I'd have to put a K in front of the game's name, and "KLittle Square Things" just doesn't sound right. However, there are some games for Linux that I would like to recommend: KReversi, KMine, KKlondike, and KUnreal Tournament. Out of the ten or so games that run on Linux, those are the best.

Q. Does this game cost money?
A. No. It is completely free. However, donations are highly encouraged, and I hope you feel obligated to give me money out of pity.

Q. Is this game open source?
A. Probably not, since I'd have to call it "Open Little Square Things," and, well, that doesn't look right, either. Also, someone would probably port it to Linux and call it "KLittle Square Things," which would make me sad. Also, they'd probably change all of the Square Things to BUTTS and replace the sound effects with FARTS. And change my name to JAMES POOP or POOPY POOPSTER or FART POOP. Also, the code is messy and I don't want anybody to make fun of me over the Internet for it.

Q. Why did you post this in ZZT General instead of Off Topic? I'm going to report you to an administrator!
A. I asked MadTom, an administrator for the z2 website and the z2 forums, what forum I should post this thread in. He said "ZZT," but I could not find a "ZZT" forum. I looked for the closest possible match, which was "ZZT General," and I posted it there. If I made an error in my assumption as to where to post this thread, I apologize to the administrators of the z2 forums.
Last edited by crank on Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
What can be said now?

Post by 48 »

Dear Crank, I like what I see. Please send me a copy of this game.
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

this is cool
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

how do controls?
I'm back for more ZZT fun!
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

I am glad you asked "how do controls."

Controls are done with the keyboard. The numberpad controls up/down/left/right movement of blocks, and wsad controls the camera. There are also other controls that are done with the keyboard, like r to reload a level and q to enter "Manual Mode" (which may not be in the final version). As of now, there are no controls that are done with the mouse.
^^ TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH ^^
FSFunky
Fergalicious

Post by FSFunky »

so what do lasers do to bricks?
FUNKY DEFINITION: MAKE THEM BOYS GO LOCO
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

neat-o
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I always invisioned the LSTs as some sort of entity or creature, unfortunatly these super awesome graphics reveal that they are in fact, blocks.

Also will it have a similar level selection feature?

much <3

Commodore
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
crank
rules.

Post by crank »

I am glad everybody asks things. This would not be a Q&A session without Q's! Hahaha!

Let's be serious for a moment.
Mr. Sanders wrote:Dear Crank, I like what I see. Please send me a copy of this game.
I've been releasing branch demos periodically, and I'll be releasing another once I get CERTAIN ISSUES fixed. At the moment, for example, I don't have a level selection function yet, but I will soon, which leads me to another question! See how I did that!
Guy who asked 'Also will it have a similar level selection feature?' wrote:Also will it have a similar level selection feature?
With the way it's planned now, there will be multiple "campaigns"--collections of levels all jumbled together in a text file. The game itself will probably include an introductory/training campaign, then four or five campaigns with increasing difficulty, and users will also be able to create their own. Campaigns will also map out level paths, so each campaign can conceivably have multiple levels open once one is beaten. The training campaign will probably be linear, but the others will probably have a PYRAMID SCHEME or something similar to them.
Dutchoman wrote:so what do lasers do to bricks?
Lasers either make bricks vanish in a puff of smoke, or they make them explode. Since the graphics are crappy and you can't really tell, you can use your imagination!
Guy who said 'I always invisioned the LSTs as some sort of entity or creature, unfortunatly these super awesome graphics reveal that they are in fact, blocks.' wrote:I always invisioned the LSTs as some sort of entity or creature, unfortunatly these super awesome graphics reveal that they are in fact, blocks.
I'd toyed around with giving the Square Things eyes, but it looked ugly :(
^^ TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH ^^
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

looks pretty good, although i don't like puzzle games that much. i'll play it when it's done.
dave2
bada da da DUN DUN DUN

Post by dave2 »

craNKGod wrote:I am glad you asked "how do controls."

Controls are done with the keyboard. The numberpad controls up/down/left/right movement of blocks, and wsad controls the camera. There are also other controls that are done with the keyboard, like r to reload a level and q to enter "Manual Mode" (which may not be in the final version). As of now, there are no controls that are done with the mouse.

when try to play controls didn't move
i have numlock, no difference
I'm back for more ZZT fun!
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

dear crankgod

you sound like dave barry. also, i have no numberpad. will you still discriminate against me?
this is a deep and meaningful quote
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

What programming language was used?
&#9567; is the best char.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

How are you?
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

How does one shoot the web?
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!