problem...

In your adventures through the Town of ZZT, you have been captured by the evil Dungeon Guards. Not recognizing you as the great escape artist you are, the guards have thrown you in the Dungeons of ZZT.

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

problem...

Post by 714 »

how can i make it where an object harms a player without shooting him/her/it?
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Use "#take health 10" whenever you want your object to hurt the player. Obviously, 10 can be replaced with any integer you want (though I'm not sure about negative?)
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 714 »

i was about to post nevermind....because i just now remembered that! i have another question though: i want to create an explosion effect similar to the bomb one, but if i change the object into a bomb, it wont look like the object im trying to blow up(which i will tell you is part of a spaceship in a secret part of my Alcatraz game). so do you know another way to make it have a similar but instant effect, or make the bomb not look like a bomb(hidden?)?
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

It would be easier if the player cannot go near the object that explodes. Can it?
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Wexenhex wrote:i was about to post nevermind....because i just now remembered that! i have another question though: i want to create an explosion effect similar to the bomb one, but if i change the object into a bomb, it wont look like the object im trying to blow up(which i will tell you is part of a spaceship in a secret part of my Alcatraz game). so do you know another way to make it have a similar but instant effect, or make the bomb not look like a bomb(hidden?)?
Go to STK bombs, get a black one. You can change it's cycle to make it explode faster or slower. If you use an external editor, you can also change how many seconds are left before it explodes. However, This is pinned to a speicifc time for explosion. To my knowledge there is no way for an object to just explode like a bomb upon a command without extensive duplicator/clone stuff like in the encyclopedia.

The most common effect for an object exploding would be #putting a red slime. It is your best bet for, say, when an object dies.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

also if you want an object to hurt the player when they are next to each other use something like this:

:loop
#if contact #take health 10 #endgame
/i
#loop

as for explosions, slimes or black on black bombs. Kevedit can help you customise a bomb's cycle and wait time but using ctrl-t (i think)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

You could use #take health 10, but it won't put "Ouch!" on the bottom of the screen, play the hurt noise, or make the player's background flash. I suppose you could simulate the first two, but I don't think there's any way for an object to make the player flash without actually zapping the player with a bullet or something. That's why whenever I have an object that can only hurt the player on contact, I'll just use #shoot seek to make it more "realistic", since you never see the bullet anyway!
My Liver Hurtz wrote:Go to STK bombs, get a black one. You can change it's cycle to make it explode faster or slower. If you use an external editor, you can also change how many seconds are left before it explodes.
Wait, I thought it was the other way around. Like, you could easily get a bomb ticking at any number in an STK board, but you would want an external editor to tamper with its cycle. (I've seen STK boards with various cycle objects, but there's not enough room to fit 255 versions of all the colors of one thing in there.)
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

By Joe, you're right...
What can be said now?

Post by 519 »

"I'll just use #shoot seek to make it more "realistic", since you never see the bullet anyway! "

Why the hell didn't I think of this in the beginning?
What can be said now?

Post by 718 »

i used to use #put rnd boulder and loop it like five times and then change the boulders into something colourful and boom

exokostion
What can be said now?

Post by 718 »

i used to use #put rnd boulder and loop it like five times and then change the boulders into something colourful and boom

exokostion :fsfunky:
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Extokostopostitoshtion... with an emoticon!
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

motherfucker whut