KevEdit question

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

Kjorteo
^o.O^

KevEdit question

Post by Kjorteo »

Is there a way for KevEdit to place passages in STK colors?

I have a Toolkit I made myself that has every animate thing in the game except Sharks, but they're all over black backgrounds. When I'm using the ZZT editor, I can make any color combination I need by placing these things over the right fakes. One of the disappointing features of KevEdit is that it ignores the fake's background color and just places things straight from your color scheme.

It's a little annoying, but since it doesn't destroy the tile underneath when doing that, I *could* live with it by just remembering to select the right background color in the first place so everything matches. However, to my knowledge, KevEdit can only place passages in the default ZZT colors. I can't copy/paste them from my kit, since all of those are over black, and KevEdit can't place things without ignoring the background color of the fakes they're over. This effectively equals no way to get a good selection of passage colors without importing someone else's kit over mine, equals =(.

Unless anyone here knows how to get KE to cooperate? If it could either place passages in STK colors the way it can place almost every other animate thing in the game, or allow me to place passages over fakes and get backgrounds from that, that would equal me being able to have a proper passage selection again, which equals not =(.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

THIS SHOULD PROBABLY GO IN ZZT CLONES AND EXTERNAL EDITORS BUT I DON'T KNOW SO UHH.. I'LL JUST LET IT SIT HERE UNTIL ANOTHER ADMIN DECIDES.
What can be said now?

A BUG WHOA

Post by 66 »

Kevedit can apply any color to any object... I tried it out and it's like some sort of bug... anyway: place a passage, press Ctrl+T, and change the color from there.
I guess you should send bitman an bug report on this...
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Press 'D' to turn off Default Color mode. Then try.
What can be said now?

Post by 653 »

Yeah, DefC mode isn't a bug, it's something I stole from MegaZeux 1. When DefC is on, plotting stuff works like it does in ZZT. The passages only get the background color set, doors are always white, &c. Turn it off, and you can use whatever colors you want.

Not a bug.

Man, how many times has my account been deleted off this site? :P
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

well, it's not exactly as though you're around often and stuff gets messed up once in a while

anyway hello
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 453 »

yeah, zztae has that too. can't remember whether i stole it from mzx or kevedit. :p
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Kev Vance wrote:Man, how many times has my account been deleted off this site? :P
Zenith Nadir wrote:well, it's not exactly as though you're around often and stuff gets messed up once in a while
Yeah, there's a good chance that Kev Vance's account still exists, but with a number for the name.
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

I have a KevEdit question! So, my computer decides to blow up and then I bring it back and re-boot it and what not, re-install a few start up programms and then I also put ZZT back in, NOW I've just installed KEVedit and the damn thing wont go in FULL SCREEN mode...why?
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

Have you tried holding the ALT key and pressing Enter while Kevedit is open?
r