METROID ZERO MISSION

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Well since the rom is out now I guess I can let this slide, but please Knightt stop reviving dead threads `v^
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

it's not dead. or, if it is, the entire forum is dead. so yeah.
What can be said now?

Post by 395 »

I beat the game because I kick ass, and it was very satisfying.

There's only one ending when you beat it on easy mode, though, and it's a pretty lame one. But it's a good game nonetheless. A+++++ WOULD PIRATE AGAIN.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i beat mother brain and now i'm up to some dumb stealth stuff

actually it's not that bad, but i'd rather be kicking ass than running away like a pansy.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

i downloaded it. i haven't really played it yet, though. looks neat.
What can be said now?

Post by 598 »

i heard that the game is extremely short and tells you where to go a lot, so i'm not sure if i'll pick it up.

*pauses*

alright, i will. i'm silly enough to, regardless of what i hear.
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

Im getting it on Feb 15.

It will own my soul.

Unless its not there then I'll get sword of mana, or FFCC....or alot of other games I want but am to poor to buy. =(
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

Knightt wrote:i heard that the game is extremely short and tells you where to go a lot, so i'm not sure if i'll pick it up.

*pauses*

alright, i will. i'm silly enough to, regardless of what i hear.
It does, but you cant go to the boss without the power ups it tells you to get or you would be wandering FOREVER to get the next power up.

(cough cough Return of Samus cough cough)
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Oh, but Metroid has always been about wandering aimlessly through stupid mazes, looking for the one thing you need. Maps and hints and stuff take all that away.
What can be said now?

Post by 646 »

Slitzkin said:
Metroid fanboys are the worst. The whole series is really overrated in my opinion.
I say: Well, that's just your opinion... Yeah, it is.

P.S. I beat Metroid Zero Mission on Hard Mode in 4 hours with 100% Items! DO I RULE OR.. DO I NOT RULE?
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

That's better than I can do (About six hours on Normal mode, 70% on the first try). Now, spend 19 years practicing so you can do it all twice as fast and get the best ending screen.

I dunno... I had fun playing it, but in retrospect I think Zero Mission's a pretty mixed bag. I beat every boss on the first try except for Mother Brain who is a cheap motherfucking son of a bitch, and the weird robot at the end whom I didn't figure out was the end boss until the credits started rolling, and even those two I got on the second try. Since Super Metroid, each 2D Metroid game seems to be a little shorter and easier, and ultimately less addicting. The cinemas add nothing to the plot whatsoever (OMG!!! RIDLEYS FLINYG INA GINT SPACESHIP!!! EVEN THOUGH HE HSA WINGS...well, the flashback in the Chozodia place was cool I guess), which is pretty crappy compared to Super or Fusion, and to be a lonely pervert Samus was much more attractive in Fusion. It's a good game, but it doesn't live up to its heritage. It's certainly not the sort of game I would play extensively for over a year, and THEN order a strategy guide from Nintendo Power so I could get that last 7 or so %.

I have to admit though, packaging the original Metroid with it was a stroke of genius. Although starting out with only 30 energy whenever you continue nearly kills it, it was a lot of fun mapping out all those passageways. I'm crazy like that. Now I just need to find those last 10 missiles and kill Mother Brain. At least in this version she doesn't shoot eye lasers. :*:
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
What can be said now?

Post by 646 »

Those lasers made me angry. I will continue to be angry until a 2-D metroid game with 3-D graphics comes out to the Gamecube. DAMN YOU NINTENDO! Oh, and by the way: GO DS!