ZZTV9.

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

ZZTV9.

Post by MadTom »

I realise it's not been long since the last release of the magazine, but since Zenith's allowed me to continue with the project, I figured there was no harm in starting early.

ZZTV, as many of you will be aware, is a ZZT community magazine that was started in 1997 by DarkFLR, author of the ZZT Piano and TAB2ZZT utilities. Zenith Nadir ran it for some time before passing it on to BoonoB, who passed it on to me. It involves community members sending in medium-sized ZZT worlds, ZZTV "channels", with basically anything they want in it. Past entries commonly include:

- Art.
- Previews of upcoming games.
- ZZT music.
- Interviews with other community members, over IRC, MSN or AIM.
- Written stories.
- Minigames.
- Flames.
- Game reviews.
- Rants.

It's a great way for newbies in particular to get their names noticed by other community members, and the freedom means you can really run wild and give others a good impression of the style of ZZTer you are. You'll find if you look back on past entries that they are very different from one another; compare Viovis' #tus channel, for example, with Zenith's #cows or craNKGod's #veryspecial.

Submitting an accepted entry will also mean you are publically thanked on the front page of Z2 for contributing to the project. Just think how envious your friends would be.

The requirements for submission are few, and are as follows:

- You must specify a channel name, which will be preceded by a # (hash sign) in the channel listings, in the manner of IRC channels.
- You must use STK to a reasonable extent.
- Your submission must have a minimum of five boards.

You are, of course, allowed to use ZZTAE and KevEdit. Additionally, for those of you who contributed to ZZTV8, you are by no means obliged to use the same channel name for ZZTV9, although you are welcome to do so.

The due date at present is midnight (GMT), August 31, 2004. I may adjust the date depending on the number of entries being received; I will post in the thread to inform you all if this happens. Entries submitted after the deadline may not be accepted.

So far, the following people have indicated that they might submit a channel. This list will be updated accordingly.

Apollyon - #pit
Appliance - #ducttape
Boom.dk - #tractor
BoonoB - #hotwax
Commodore - #jockohomo
craNKGod - #veryspecial2
DoomPenguin - #mimecontrol
Dr. Dos - #replay_value
FSFunky - #funkysmellsfunky
Great Milenko - #sykolistic
Guy - #alternative
Homz - #221B
Iinfestedrabite - #smeg
koolj - #mr_akool
MadTom - #mobydick
mb21 - #hates_and_candy
Mooseka - #rawr
Mr_Alert - #outofservice
Mr. Smith - #foxygrandpa
Nanobot - #blow
nondescript - #<3
Project - #changeling
Quantum P. - #mrfm
Rob_P - #sabotage
Ryan Ferneau - #iratepirate
Stak - #marvelvscapcom2
Sumisusan - #Bustaballs
TaZz - #warehouse
Terryn - #altruisticdown
Tomi - #tomitime
Zandor 12 - #verygreatpowerful
zane - #rdrthnclky's
Zephyr - #uhf
Zguy79 - #nuclearbomb/#frozenbacon

Please post here if you'd like to submit, or if you have any questions. Finally, you can send your entries to me, zipped, at madtom@comic.com (preferred), or over IRC or AIM (BlessThyFiveWits).
Last edited by MadTom on Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:48 am, edited 18 times in total.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

#jockohomo

It's practically already done :)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

#Replay Value

I already have it planned out...
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Post by 113 »

#foxygrandpa. I couldn't finish it for ZZTV8. :(
What can be said now?

Post by 489 »

#sabotage

I'll get something to eat, something to smoke and something to drink and I'll start working on that shit.
What can be said now?

Post by 536 »

I might actually make one.

#blow
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

o_O Excellent!

The only problem I have with my channel is not having any music. I need to master faking multiple channels in ZZM
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

#rawr

HOW ORIGINAL.
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

#221B, almost done, but liable to be changed and renamed anytime I look at it and realize how much better I could have done.

So, if people submit a lot of channels really early, does that mean that ZZTV will be released earlier?
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Plenty of time. I'm in.

#alternative
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Homz wrote:#221B, almost done, but liable to be changed and renamed anytime I look at it and realize how much better I could have done.

So, if people submit a lot of channels really early, does that mean that ZZTV will be released earlier?
No; I'll only shift the date forward if there are very few submissions, not the other way around.

It's good to see so much interest! Good luck with that music, Commodore.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I'll try to make #iratepirate, and it'll probably be some sort of opera in which I rip off other people's music and attempt to make it funny. Yup. And I think it still involves the Irate Pirate. It may also involve the Mystic Time Warriors and the Magical Android Girls, not to mention a special guest appearance by Nevada Bob, who is still on the job and back in action.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Oh, and Oompa Loompas! Oompas Loompas galore! Oompa Loompas in the candy store! Oompa Loompas in the airport! Oompa Loompas everywhere!
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

Is there a max amount of boards?
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Guy wrote:Is there a max amount of boards?
No, but it'd be nice to keep the individual channel sizes below about 200kb if at all possible. That's not as definite a limit as the five-board minimum, though: if someone makes a really spectacular channel that's bigger than that, I might make an exception.

The biggest channels of the last issue were only around 170kb, so you shouldn't have too many problems. Contact me if you do.