PLASTIC Revival (and Distribution)!

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

Zappman
newcomer

PLASTIC Revival (and Distribution)!

Post by Zappman »

Hello, I'm Zappman. You may know me from #idiots-club and/or #mzx and/or DigitalMZX.

I've started a forum for PLASTIC: http://pgrf.4rumer.com/

You can download PLASTIC from a dropbox link under "Tools and Resources". That link should be around for quite some time. If anyone is making PLASTIC games (like me) I encourage them to post a link on that site to any demos or releases they might have. You should host any files you link to there on a site like dropbox or google drive.

Since PLASTIC's links keep going bye bye, I've also decided to upload it to z2's Archive. Plastic.zip was already there but some people seemed to detect a virus in it.

Plastic_well.zip (i. e. not sick with a virus :keen: ) is now there.

P. S. If you happen to have a different version of PLASTIC that's better than the plastic1.zip file within the Plastic_well.zip archive, please let me know.
Zappman - Retro Archive Enthusiast
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Re: PLASTIC Revival (and Distribution)!

Post by Scribbit »

OMG thanks! Every few years I go looking for this, and every time all the links are dead.
I'm nupanick.
Zapp
newcomer

Re: PLASTIC Revival (and Distribution)!

Post by Zapp »

Update: Hey this is Zapp aka Zappman. I lost access to the email address associated with my Zappman account and it was also associated with the PLASTIC Revival Forum.

But I have a new forum now about text based games in general here: http://zappzone.1free-host.com/txtmode/index.php

There are places to discuss, PLASTIC, ZZT, MZX, as well as MUDs, Dungeon Crawls, Text Adventures, and basically any kind of text-based game you can think of... there's even a place to discuss gamebooks (under Multiple Choice Text Adventures), because while they may or may not be computerized, they are still very much text-based.

As an improvement you can upload attachments directly to the forum (once you hit 5 posts). I also have file system access to the section of the site where the forum is and database access (unlike on the PLASTIC Revival site), to better facilitate maintenance of the site.

I have uploaded the PLASTIC files I mentioned in the first post in this thread there, as well as another upload which has some PLASTIC projects I worked on back in the days when PLASTIC had an official site.

Hope this update finds you well!
- Z