RememberZZT

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

MrZor
newcomer

RememberZZT

Post by MrZor »

What a pleasant surprise to see an active ZZT community!

I've been working on an off over the last couple months on a ZZT editor/player in C# using OpenGL.

I have a version up at http://www.rememberzzt.com. It's still sort of rough. The oop support is not at 100%. This is sort of a side project I've been working on and want to continue to work on. Check it out and let me know what you think.

My goal is to create a tool that allows users to more easily create ZZT worlds that will play in the original application. Then, work on a separate version that will allow expansion of the existing system.

The tool is developed in C# using OpenTK and OpenAL. I looked over the MONO compatibility page and I don't see any reason why this couldn't be ported to multiple platforms once it's stable.

Here is an incomplete list of issues that have not yet been addressed:

-The special ZZT musical notes have not been implemented, the notes represented by numbers.
-ZZT-OOP has not been extensively tested. I'd say it's at about 70% functional.
-The application is not fully enforcing all of the constraints the original application has in place.
-When saving zzt worlds, the application is not currently compressing the boards the way the original application did. This results in larger world files.

Again, the application is not ready for prime time, so it's not to be used as a primary editor.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

iphone port
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

android port
MrZor
newcomer

Post by MrZor »

I could just see the comments in the app store. "WTF is this shit?" "Lawls, shitty graphics" and so on...

Although, if the gyroscopes were used for movement and you tapped in the direction you wanted to shoot. It might actually be playable on a smart phone.

My first droid app? hmm.....