z2

I agree. Take me to the spicy page.
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 am 
What has science done???

Does it give you the option to listen to the music you're composing, kinda like how ZZTAE has that CTRL+Y command to play the music? If it does, then does the music play at the same speed as it does in ZZT? It's always bugged me how when I try to compose or transcribe music it sounds fine in the editor but when I listen to it in ZZT itself it's speed up. If KevEdit doesn't fix this, then does anybody have advice on how or how much to slow down my ZZTAE-composed music by so that it will sound 'normal' in ZZT proper?

Also, what's a better editor to use in general on my Vista laptop? I think it's 64-bit; DosBox got ZZT itself running decently but the sound and controls seemed to lag a little. And running ZZTAE on DosBox was pain incarnate, it was a LOT slower than it was on my old XP laptop. Would KevEdit have better DosBox compatibility? Wasn't there a Windows version or am I just imagining things? I have a half-finished song from way back that's been bugging me lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am 
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

I know nothing about music. I do know control+T in kev-edit will play the music, keep in mind it ignores idles.

Kev-edit does have a windows version. http://kevedit.sourceforge.net/download.html