Tyger

Discuss how totally awesome Bang! is here.

Moderator: Terryn

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Dr. Dos wrote:Since intelligence normally ranges from 0 through 9 this works out to having a 0-90% of moving seek.
Stats appear in the editor as being 1-9, but they are stored in the file as 0-8. I don't think it's 0-9.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Typo on my part. It is 0-8 which works out as 10-90% chance of seek.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

You can't push a lamp.

But you might find a potion!
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Latest screenshot: That's pretty cool! I could see an dimly-lit street in a game, or a partially-lit dungeon.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

stylish! maybe you could just paint the dark in?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i love it

ZZT Dynamic Lighting
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

You appear to be implementing enough cool new features and ideas that (especially because it's on hold because I'm working on my novel now instead anyway) it may just be worth it to wait and port AoS to this thing when it's out. (I could probably just stand to learn MZX if I'm going to be like that, but fuck it, Tyger looks neat.) If that's the way it's going to be, then, uh, any chance there could be a universal flag-flushing command to like, clear every flag ever? Being careful about the ones you set yourself is one thing, but there's only so much you can do about the player ?+entering things and making flags up without my workaround.

Edit: Also fix the wandering transporter/blinkwall bug and whatever the hell is up with Link's Adventure 1.
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
premchai21
draco somniculosus

Post by premchai21 »

Kjorteo wrote:Also fix the wandering transporter/blinkwall bug and whatever the hell is up with Link's Adventure 1.
You realize that now that you have said this I will be forced to eventually make something that depends on a wandering tile, right?
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

premchai21 wrote:You realize that now that you have said this I will be forced to eventually make something that depends on a wandering tile, right?
http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/101769096/425704
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Kjorteo wrote:You appear to be implementing enough cool new features and ideas that (especially because it's on hold because I'm working on my novel now instead anyway) it may just be worth it to wait and port AoS to this thing when it's out. (I could probably just stand to learn MZX if I'm going to be like that, but fuck it, Tyger looks neat.) If that's the way it's going to be, then, uh, any chance there could be a universal flag-flushing command to like, clear every flag ever? Being careful about the ones you set yourself is one thing, but there's only so much you can do about the player ?+entering things and making flags up without my workaround.

Edit: Also fix the wandering transporter/blinkwall bug and whatever the hell is up with Link's Adventure 1.
Yeah show go wild and delay Adventure of Sam Forever.

Tyger has support for as many flags as you want though currently only saves the first 10 if you save your game.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

I notice you didn't implement Ruffians (from what I can see from your source anyway..) I've studied the behavior of these enemies in ZZT and believe I've gotten it down perfectly:

* Ruffians have two modes: Still and Mobile. Which of these modes the Ruffian is in is dictated by how the Step parameters are set. If X/Y is set to zero, the Ruffian is resting and does not move. Otherwise, the Ruffian moves like Flow, whichever direction the Step happens to be pointing.

* Resting time is the likelihood that a Ruffian will switch between these two modes, ranging from Value 0 (90% chance) to 8 (10% chance). When switching from Still to Mobile, it uses Intelligence to determine whether it will move randomly or towards the player. The direction chosen by the Ruffian does not change until it stops moving (by switching back to Still mode, setting Step to [0,0])
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

You are my hero.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

Ruffians have been added successfully :toot:
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

So no idea how the timing on duplicators works.

Inconsistent times between rates and in some cases higher cycle duplicators can duplicate elements before faster duplicators with the same duplication rate.

Nano's reference also has this line which I cannot understand
Parameter 2: Rate (Cycle Interval Set to 9 Minus Rate, Multiplied by 3)
Visit the Museum of ZZT

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Duplicators have 6 frames of animation which is indexed by P1. Every time they process a Cycle, the frame number increases. If the frame number wraps around back to 0, the duplication happens. I really don't think P2 is actually used by the game. That's just so the editor knows what setting to put the Rate at.