Mirror Image Games (Redux)

Whereas this forum hasn't been relevant since 1999.

Moderators: Quantum P., crank

Commodore
fgsdfs

Mirror Image Games (Redux)

Post by Commodore »

Well it looks like we'll have to start again. :(

And I wanted to have our thread go to 20 pages...
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 83 »

Ok... Current project status...

X-men (ZZT and MegaZeux) - 0% done
Me and Liver are creating two X-men games... The story and gameplay aren´t decided yet, but will (hopefully) be soon...

The Matrix (MegaZeux) - 1% done
This game will be great, once it´s finished.
It will have great graphics, and sounds recorded from the movie.
Working on it sometimes.

Sim City MZX (MegaZeux) - 10% done
Build your own city, see it grow, see it die...
This is my main project, and i´ve also converted a few Sim City 2000 MIDIs into MOD format for using in the game...

Z*Bert, The Lost Levels (ZZT) - 13% done
My Liver Hurtz gave me permission to do this a few months ago.
It´s going slowly, but the story and first level is done.

Town of MZX Special Edition (MegaZeux) - 15% done
The first game was newbieish, so i´m slowly remaking it...

Cans 4 - Caverns of Cans (MegaZeux) - 18% done
In every older version of MZX, the game "Caverns of Zeux" was included.
Now, i´m making a parody in Cans-style. (The Cans series are 4 (3 and one S.E.) totally insane and (in my opinion) really fun.) In this game, the player have been changed to Chuck, and all the enemies to Cans enemies, and added tons of sounds from the Cans games, and made a hysterically fun intro. Inmate2993 (the creator of Cans) would be proud of me! (Note: ZZTE contains a demo of Caverns of Zeux, if you´re interested.)

The MegaZeux (Notepad) - 99% done
This isn´t really a game, but whatever...
Ok... I´ve been editing the Matrix script into "The Megazeux", where the young programmer Snika wants to know the truth about the MegaZeux, and gets dragged into a mission to save the ZZT:ers from the MZX:ers...
If you know much about both the MZX and ZZT world, then this is the perfect bed time story for you... (I think it´s 20 pages long or something.)
There are some small adjustments left, but it won´t take long...

Coca Cola Madness (ZZT) - 100% done
A remake of my first game ever, Rob's Adventure.
The game is finished, but i´m just waiting for a good time to release it...

Burger Joint 2, Back to Work (MegaZeux) - 100% done
Johnny returns to burger joint 8 ears later to become rich...
A nice, but boring game that´s finished, but goalless, which is why i´m not releasing it (yet)... (The game was made in 2-3 days, a LOOOONG time ago...)

BTW... Still noone who have seen Anarchy? We´d better remove him from the members list, if he doesn´t reappear...
Last edited by 83 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

gayin'

edit; actually maybe i should expand on that

smallhacker have you got no original ideas of your own at all i mean good god i thought i was unoriginal
Last edited by Zenith Nadir on Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Way to much posts!

Post by 7 »

losing
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

let the kid have his fun
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

maybe if you called it McFlapper's Joint or something
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

I'm going to admit that I was being an asshole here, and thus I have restored the thread like it NEVER HAPPENED.

SUCH IS THE POWER OF MOOSEKA.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

<3 TIMES INFINTY MOOSEKA
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

<3*infinity + 3 -clecky
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

i hav a kitty
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

I have got way too many games on deck. There are four I REALLY want to make, three of them are never-before-seen-engine-games and the other is Nexus which will have various engines throughout the game. It must be twice as good as Nexus II, as judged by moi, or I'm not going to release it. I want the final two Nexus games to be spectacular.

Star Trek: Fleet Commander is game #2. It is going to be my flagship game if the engines will work as well as they do in theory, but that rarely happens with all of those pesky bugs in ZZT. Look what happened to Z*bert.

Ignition Factor: Unique engine, unique game style, unique storyline... but will people like it?

Silicate-ish: Unknown name, though it will be a super hero comic book style game with a more advanced version of the Silicate engine.

Which one do you guys think I should concentrate on the most?
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 83 »

My Liver Hurtz wrote:Which one do you guys think I should concentrate on the most?
Nexus, since if they´re done, you wont have any "Darn, i have to make a sequel!" thoughts...
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Actually, I'm not really feeling a dreading for making another Nexus. If Nexus III is to Nexus II as Nexus II is to Nexus, I'm going to have a good game on my hands.

Oh, and don't worry, I'm going to be using a lot less pre-programmed objects for Nexus III. It's not going to be the same old "go through these puzzles and fight through these enemies to get through my linear gameplay system" philosophy I was addicted to while making the first installments of Nexus. Expect everything to be better, everything. Especially plot.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

What's the fourth? Z*bert Reloaded?

My vote's for nexus because it could be a game of many engines and would vastly improve experience. ;-)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

Z*bert Reloaded is kind of low on my list, as it has been done before. I want to do my new ideas first, save of course Nexus which is my anchor of sorts, then I might do an SE of Z*bert. However I'm still working slowly on the Reloaded idea, it's just not anywhere near the top of my to-do list.

As for game #4, it's my silicate-ish game.

1) Nexus
2) Star Trek: Fleet Commander
3) Ignition Factor
4) Silicate-ish

Except now, as seen on the MIG message forums, I've decided priority and sort of finalized titles.

1) Nexus III: Future's End
2) The Amazing X!
3) Ignition Factor
4) Star Trek: Fleet Commander

That at leats is my current plan, it will likely change. My reason for STFC for being at the bottom is because it is a huge-ass game, and will take forever to complete.

As for Peter Pan... that is scraped, due to largeness of the game. It is not new enough or plot-intense enough to warrant the amount of work that I was planning.

Lemmings-ish game: I might do this, but don't expect it in the near future.