Buggy Z2 material.

Post your suggestions for the site here so we can get on with ignoring them. Democracy in action!

Moderator: Zenith Nadir

Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I believe that even though you get an Invalid Session error, it still logs you out.

Also, what were you searching for? I just tried the search function, and it seems to work well unless one of your search terms includes an apostrophe.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Did anybody report the name-changing script here? Because I heard it didn't work in another topic.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

It did, somebody mentioned in another thread asking where King's Quest ZZT was so I searched for it apostrophe and all.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i think some keyboard codes for apostrophes are different in different countries and are read wrong by the script. I really am just speculating without any knowledge on the subject, I remember a lot of reviews on underdogs displayed a different character where an apostrophe should be.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Apostrophes are also 'single quotes', used in some computer languages to indicate where strings begin and end. If you slip one into a string, bad things can happen.

Back when we were on the HOTU server, PHP was set up so that single quotes were automatically accounted for before our scripts even saw them. It's called Magic Quotes, and it was originally intended as a convenience. However, it really annoys me, because it allows people to write programs that assume Magic Quotes is processing their input for them. If you run such a program on a system that doesn't have Magic Quotes enabled, it might not work.

Welcome to the poorly-coded mess that is z2.