Revise submition rules.

Post your suggestions for the site here so we can get on with ignoring them. Democracy in action!

Moderator: Zenith Nadir

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Revise submition rules.

Post by Ellypses »

Submittion in these months has been pretty steril, but lets revise some rules on submitting games.

1. Let's dump the STK rules, though using STK games do make the game look good and all but it doesn't make it high quality. STK-Less game is an art style and you can have people deal with it limits and still make a kick'n game.

2. Let's stress the rule of 10kb zip further by going back to zzt.org rule. Y'all are letting a lot of folks get away with it too much by letting others stuff STK in there games to meet the requirements. New rule: If the STK is not originally the author's, it should be deleted, that means, all tool kits from by Greg, and WiL. And, they are limited to have up to 3 of their own available in their games before uploading. All of the games that are stuff with STK only fill up my poor old computer 85mb hard drive(pethetic).

I just want the next year's set of games be better then they are now, and I think this might help.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

no
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

toolkits being included in games is good, though. that means someone looking through the file can see the toolkit and use it for themself, if they see need be.

this is a silly thread.
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Nah, just put up "The Ultimate Toolkit Collection" somewhere for everyone to see. I never use toolkits myself.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Re: Revise submition rules.

Post by Dr. Dos »

Jur wrote:1. Let's dump the STK rules, though using STK games do make the game look good and all but it doesn't make it high quality. STK-Less game is an art style and you can have people deal with it limits and still make a kick'n game.
Yeah I thought that years ago AND NOW I CAN DO THAT, but I will do no such thing! STK is pretty goddamn easy to use and proves you put a bit of care into your game plus I've yet to see a game not added due to lack of stk in forever.
Jur wrote:2. Let's stress the rule of 10kb zip further by going back to zzt.org rule. Y'all are letting a lot of folks get away with it too much by letting others stuff STK in there games to meet the requirements. New rule: If the STK is not originally the author's, it should be deleted, that means, all tool kits from by Greg, and WiL. And, they are limited to have up to 3 of their own available in their games before uploading. All of the games that are stuff with STK only fill up my poor old computer 85mb hard drive(pethetic).
1. Staff is lazy
2. i'm going to watch gremlins and will finish this post later (see #1)
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Other's would see what tool-kits to use if they just download the collection for themselfs. My point is that adding a lot of tool-kits to meet the size requirements is not fair, and pretty much make the 10k rule useless. It's like having a bunch of toolkits in a game you have already seen in a bunch of other games, and the actual game is only three boards big. In other words, just downloading a collection you don't need, and having a game as bad as astroids.

WCB's TOWER of ZZT, and PYRAMID of ZZT uses no STK to go with the classic trend, though he also added a STK version for PYRAMID. With the STK rule dropped, we could have a new line of classic genra games that would be kick'n. Enzanya is STK less, but the working element is the atmosphere, and Winder is ALMOST STK less, but even if it's not, it would still kick butt without it. It will also provide a challenge for those who already good at making game, and to prove it doesn't take graphics to kick butt.

I thought with this revision, we can get some pretty desent games for once. Just don't take the idea to lightly.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

asteroids is fun
Zack: Preppy, charming and totally gorgeous! Zach is a schemer who would rather stay up all night figuring how to get out of an exam than studying for it!

Slater: The All-American athlete with dimples to die for! Captain of Bayside's football team, Slater is a chauvinist who -- believe it or not -- has an emotional side. What a combo!

Screech: Class clown and electronic genius! When Screech turns on the power, the fun never stops!
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i know it's inappropriate to harp on about jur's bad typing, but i'd probably take this suggestion more seriously if i could actually understand what the hell was being said.

from what i can discern though, i don't really see what the big deal is regarding stk kits for the following reasons

1. many people use external editors these days anyway
2. the no stk rule isn't totally inflexible - if a game is considered by an admin to be of sufficient worth it may get added anyway

so no, because it doesn't matter.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

"With the STK rule dropped, we could have a new line of classic genra games that would be kick'n."

yeah like School ZZT.

and NWO.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Groovy, Zenith.

Post by Quantum P. »

Zenith Nadir wrote:if a game is considered by an admin to be of sufficient worth it may get added anyway
Yes! A set of rules is not enough to determine whether a game should be added or not. If it was, then we wouldn't need admins to look at and add each game manually. The submission rules should just be considered guidelines for what will probably be accepted.

Therefore, the current guidelines are enough. They cover most of the ZZT files that deserve to be added, and the admins are enough to pick out the exceptions.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

The topic wrote:Revise submition rules.
You should probably revise your spelling first
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Revise ammunition limit
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

The problem isn't them. The problem is us.
Furry Jesus Freak
What can be said now?

Post by Furry Jesus Freak »

Hey, you're back! <strike>The community was going to Hell without you.</strike> Glad to see you back. ^_^
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Jazzy it appears you had previously meant to write that the community was going to Hell without MadTom, but tried to cover it up. You tried, but you failed. I have evidence.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]