Public support!

Post your suggestions for the site here so we can get on with ignoring them. Democracy in action!

Moderator: Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

Public support!

Post by 772 »

I have been on and off the board for awhile, and in my opinion i think it would be very easy to bring zzt back to life. The reason I think that it is currently not doing as well as it deffenetly could be is because there has not been any advertisemants.

All this board, and the game needs is to tell others about the game zzt. I know that ZZT-OOP has helped me do machine code* programming, along with BASIC, and C++ (still learning). Anybody who is learning a computer language sould learn ZZT before because its a simple way to learn the basics of computer programming, and its fun.

Also I think the boards could be cleaned up a bit...

We should use this post as a call to arms to bring back ZZT games from the verge of extinction. Currently I am working on a project that I think will be a "Ok" game (Still trying to remember all the old things about zzt).

If any help is needed I know a little flash, as long as its not to complex.
*Machine code is 100% easyier to learn after you get a hang of zzt because it is so similar its scary...
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Too long didn't read, but keep doing whatever it is you're doing because the program zzt is having a lot less to do with the community these days, and that makes me a sad superbowl shuffle.

There have been times when I had plenty of time to make games but still didn't finish anything, and now that I'm busy, it is even harder. But I still want to make games and want to see other people making games.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Why do you want to know machine code? Wouldn't assembly be easier?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

if you've been on and off the fora for a while you would know that zzt general is the wrong place to post this!

moved to suggestions.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I've advertised ZZT in various places before. For example, I made a few movies on 16color.com that had a promotional tag at the end of each for ZZT.
What can be said now?

Post by 772 »

Sorry I didnt post this in suggestions, I figured the board was dead. I had the same problem of not finishing projects, and thats what turned me off for awhile.

Oh, and I am learning machine code first, then moving on to assembily right about... now. I rather learn from the ground up that jump around with both.

(sorry for not replying right away, having interweb problems)
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

I ask again: Why do you want to learn machine code when assembly language is easier to understand and will produce the exact same code?
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I can't see why you would want to learn either of them.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Yeah, I hear compilers these days are good enough that you hardly need assembly at all.
What can be said now?

Post by 760 »

ZZT is good. It helped me learn the languages aswell (zzt-oop).
C, C+, C++
Delphi
Pascal
Visual basic and a few others.
ZZT needs more advertisements.