Leaving.

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

LANCER ECKS
is a lady of leisure and drinks of fine wine

Leaving.

Post by LANCER ECKS »

OK, I think it's time I made an effort to leave permanently.

Why?

During my year in this community, I've changed, and not for the better. I've lost the productive innocence I had when I worked on my first released project, and now I only release games to try and make up for the massive reputation deficit.

When I slipped in a poll as to whether I should leave the community or not into one of my barkness posts, I got 7 "yes" responses. I know I shouldn't take Barkness seriously, but still. It's obvious I am no longer wanted by the majority of this community and only still exist here because you have no real reason to ban me, or worse, you WANT me to do something bad so you can laugh.

Since I helped co-found MZXIRC, I've found that most, if not all, of the community members I don't dislike in some way, or don't dislike me, go there, so it's not as if I'm losing touch with the better half of this community.

When my 1-year anniversary passed, I almost felt like getting myself banned by posting a massive flame at all the members of the community that had ruined my community existence over the year. Instead, I'll write a few comments here, then change my password to something random that I'll never remember, then log out for hopefully the last time. I appreciate how hard it is to permanently leave such a community as this, so I expect everyone to do their bit to prevent me from coming back.

===

I'd like to thank CJA and Guy for portraying me, JohnK and Rob so accurately in BAND! 4. Hopefully, generations of MZXers will remember us as malignant idiots that exist only to ruin people's lives (not to have their lives ruined by the community that they tried to embrace) and exist only to do stupid things like mention FF8 in every sentence and speak in long lines of punctuation.

===

I'd also like to thank all 7 (or more, I don't know how many now) people that told me to leave the community for making me feel so welcome in this, the greatest community on Earth.

===

I'd also like to thank the entire ZZT community, especially Nadir, for being so kind to me during my stint in the "sister community", and posting such great things about me in such places as zultimate and ircman, as well as #athens, "NO INSIDIOUSES ALLOWED OR JOHNK OR FUCKING NIMA". You guys are so warm and accepting.

===

On a less sarcastic note, I would actually like to properly thank those members of the community that have endured everything I have thrown at them, and that have kept themselves above trying to ruin my life. Such people include, but are not limited to:

Kom
The MZXIRCers
ajs
Exophase
wildweasel

and several others

===

I hope when your grandma dies, or when you fall in love with someone you've only ever met on the Internet, that people treat you like you treated JohnK.

===

I will probably ask Kom or someone to upload any games I make from now on, or release them on the MZXIRC forums.

===

I am not leaving Komment Games (unless Kom kicks me out)

===

Brahmatt is dead.

===

I will probably release SquareMZX r3 on the MZXIRC forums (http://compy386.whatisnotmyip.com/forums).
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

You forgot to mention how the community is made up of utter cunts.

P.S. I had already left but I decided it was important to say this.

You cunts.

This post has been edited by robdonkey on Nov 11 2007, 10:46 PM
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

i give this leaving post a 4.5 out of 10

sarcasm was generally confusing, rants were poorly executed, last jabs were weak.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

nominations for best leaving thread/act/whatever of all time:

for me it's a tossup between druss and sumisusan
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i liked that one thing with axikal's xanga, personally
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

I don't know, MadTom's was short and to the point... You never know if he's just going to randomly show up one day. IT'S LIKE A MYSTERY OR SOMETHING.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

When leaving the community, the probability (and degree) of success is inversely proportional to the length of the announcement:

* The people who disappear forever never say a word. The community never even notices that they're gone until a few months have passed. These people vanish effortlessly.

* The people who return usually say lengthy goodbyes. The reasons for leaving may be petty or legitimate. The duration of separation may be hours or weeks. But if they say anything extensive, it is almost a guarantee that they will return.

People constantly challenge this, believing they will be the sole exception to the rule. MadTom said one word and paid dearly for it with several sporadic LiveJournal posts. If MadTom cannot escape fate, what chance have ordinary men?*

*If he is never seen again, one might claim his victory to be a Pyrrhic one. However, his last words will not have been a farewell message.
nuero
███▄ ▀█ââ€

Post by nuero »

Zenith Nadir wrote:i liked that one thing with axikal's xanga, personally
Axikal's Xanga was great, he had the whole Shoutbox on it that was titled "Words Written In Stone" from which he kept deleting our posts