z2 on dreamhost ?! ?! ?!

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Swashbuckler
don't belong, don't exist

Post by Swashbuckler »

You could probably find him in #mzx on espernet.

Personally, I kinda like Zaphod. He has a strong, go-getting attitude, and is a fairly powerful PHP user. He's helped me on numerous occasions to set up webservers, mysql, ftp access, and tons of other crap, despite my insults and mockings!

I believe he could be a good admin, as long as people can just go with it. He's not lifesummer anymore, and we should recognize that (and be faithful).
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I totally agree that Insid has matured quite a bit over the past year or so; enough to the point where we really shouldn't be making fun of him so much anymore.

But still, I'm not completely comfortable with the fact that someone will get admin status just because that person has agreed to host us (although that actually seems sort of fair).
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

I doubt that he'd actually delete everything though, now that I've thought about it and talked to him. I think it is a good idea ^_^
burstroc
replsd

Post by burstroc »

we don't have to give admins to Zaphod just because we got a good hosting deal through him. he's already got our money, guys. let's use the space!

i can testify for how good it is. i run http://hillofants.com (including zultimate), http://thecanister.com, http://eveeband.com, and http://studio.hillofants.com all on my belsambar account. godedrp says i use up 2 gb of bandwidth every month, but it's okay because he gets a ton of the shit anyway.

and besides, like quantum said, if we can keep z2 on hotu updated every now and then as a backup of the belsambar version, we'll be pretty much risk-free. i say we go for it!
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I'm not saying that all fears here are groundless, but I think that many of them are coming from misconceptions about Insidious' influence if we use this space for hosting Z2.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Dreamhost hosts SA so they are obviously really good.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Swashbuckler
don't belong, don't exist

Post by Swashbuckler »

What's wrong with Zaphod being an admin? I'm sure he'd take better care of some things than a lot of the other admins would.
burstroc
replsd

Post by burstroc »

not saying there's anything wrong with it, as long as he didn't start changing things around, i guess. it's just that we shouldn't feel obligated to.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

OK. Perhaps I'm only being paranoid.

Regardless of what happens with the site, I'm willing to help out any way I can.
burstroc
replsd

Post by burstroc »

revvy told me a little while ago that he's waiting for the consensus of this thread before moving z2 to dreamhost. so all in favor, say aye. all opposed, say nay.

AYE
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I don't see what the point is in all of this since we get free hosting here but I'm fine either way.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Wait.

Revvy, I gave you authority to speak on behalf of Z2 with matters concerning ZUltimate for about a week when I was in California, but I don't recall ever giving you authority to declare a vote on the hosting of Z2 itself.

No offense - I think that you're a swell guy and an excellent programmer - but at the moment, I would think that making the final decision is my job.

Not that I don't want to hear the opinions of others, so continue the discussion. It's just that I reserve the right to have the final say on the matter.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

QRWIAF

_thisisquantum_ :ler:

I like how everybody was pretty much ignoring quantum and i was all UH YOU MIGHT WANT TO TELL HIM ABOUT THIS MASTER <s>RACE</s> PLAN OF YOURS.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

Wouldn't it be QRWAIF? Jesus.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Quantum Rules With Intense American Fascism
Visit the Museum of ZZT