Regarding drac0

..................WTF?! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IS "XRUMER"?!

Moderator: Quantum P.

Surlent
Oh man not him again

Regarding drac0

Post by Surlent »

I...dunno what I'm doing here really. Surprised this login still works. But someone should make this thread and let everyone outside of the IRC ugs know. In short: drac0's gone. OD'd. Modac, Schrode, and myself have confirmed this through various means and believe it to be true at this point. I'm sorry, and I'll fucking miss him. :blazkowicz:
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Re: Regarding drac0

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Rest in peace, Drac0. :(
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I am truly saddened to hear this. My condolences to those close to him. :...(
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

Hey there Surlent, it's nice of you to come back up to the surface.

I was really taken back by the news. drac0's a legend and was ahead of his time, no doubt.

Admittedly, I was put off by his depth as a youngster but it's time to pop the cork off his bottle of work.

I know he's out there somewhere smiling down on us. He will be honored and live on through the gifts he left behind.
Image Image
Cat outta Hell
The children murder all the world

Post by Cat outta Hell »

Rest in peace, Draco. You will be missed. ):

I had the honour of knowing Draco for quite a few years and I can safely say he's the most artistically talented person I've ever met. Even beyond his brilliant ZZT games, he was an unbelievably good writer and artist, as well as the most hilarious person I've ever had the honour of reading or hearing. Draco was a genius in the true sense of the word. He deserved better than this.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

I basically came here to say the same thing. While not totally unexpected, this affected me pretty deeply. Many of us have known him (at least through the internet) for 15+ years at this point. Honestly he was one of the funniest, most intelligent, well spoken, no bullshit personalities I have ever come across. He has consistently cracked me up from the old days on IRC, to livejournal, right up to the present time.

If any of you are unacquainted, I would highly suggest you visit the archive of his games at http://zzt.org/?p=database&search=Draco. He was just complaining to me last week when I said Edible Vomit was my favorite game of his. He said Teen Priest was his masterpiece, and that's how he wanted people to remember him, at least as far as ZZT was concerned.

On a related note, I am trying to put together a collection of his old music as a tribute. If anybody still has any mp3s he made from any time period, I would appreciate it if you would contact me at Mooseka@gmail.com

he wasn't particularly a fan of sentimental bullshit, so I think I'll leave it at that. If anybody has any favorite memories or related anecdotes I would encourage you to share them, he was too goddamn funny to be forgotten.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Is there an obituary anywhere?
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
[xerox]
newcomer

Post by [xerox] »

I couldn't remember my original username and password, but I'm xerox, if nobody can tell or if anybody remembers.

I actually came back here looking to have a nostalgia-play of my favorite ZZT game, drac0's Teen Priest series. It's depressing as hell to have stumbled upon this news. Rest in peace, brother. You were dark, you were brilliant, and you made IRC interesting.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

RIP :-(