There are still people here

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Clause
newcomer

There are still people here

Post by Clause »

I was bored so I decided to google myself and found a video https://youtu.be/q2AT9hrPMrE. Not sure why they chose to play Boyhump. I had issues as a teenager...
I was surprised to see people here including the people who hated me like zamros. It is good to see that people are still alive because 1999 was a long time ago and I expected to see
dead bodies.

Oh, and hi.

P.S. why do you still have the animated GIF / smilie of Ryan being all goth?
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Re: There are still people here

Post by Dr. Dos »

We all had issues as teenagers here pretty much. (Hi it's me playing Boyhump in that video)

Basically everything on this site is buried in a decade's worth of dust. I mean, there's a links page that links livejournal.com.

Members of this community unfortunately haven't been as good at staying alive as we'd have hoped. Draco died of an overdose and Flimsy Parkins committed suicide. There are threads in whatever the off topic forum is called these days.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Clause
newcomer

Post by Clause »

wait really? Now I feel silly.
That must have been a while ago because I haven't seen Draco in ages. I don't remember flimsy that much. My memory sucks a little.
My last game wa smade in 2005 and I didn't come here much after that.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Hi Clause! Lots of young drama for sure. Im in the c64 community and people there are older and more apt to die. Our own were a bit surprising for sure. I mean I was 17 when I found this place and and 33 now. Time moves inextricably forward and faster.

Ry0s goth spasm gif is not terribly unrepresentative of what we were/are: a motley assortment of weirdos.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I almost never come here because I'm not really wanted around, and never really was. I can understand why there was a lot of hostility from when I came back in 2009 and spewed vitriol when I was in graduate school, but when I was an actual member I still don't understand why people hated me back then. I was clueless, sure, but I was harmless enough and never insulted anyone. Oddly, I wasn't really aware of the animosity towards me way back then (2004-2007).

I can understand making games like that; I tried to make a game called "Russian Sexy Boi" when I was in college and I even had a demo created for it. It got finished a little bit past the end of the demo but I didn't complete the game and while I still have it around on an old laptop, it is pretty much all forgotten, just like any other ZZT game that I played or even made. The only game that I still kind of remember was Eli's House, because I thought it was very well constructed and clever, and it was also the last one that I played.

I don't think that I created that game out of perversity so much as that I was finally away to do whatever I wanted to do in college; I had a very strict and controlling upbringing growing up so as such I created that game sort of as a juvenile and absurdist declaration of liberation. Looking back I think that this was what made me look like an idiot to people online at the time, although z2 was way more hostile to me than any other place than I've been to. I guess you could say that I didn't grow up as fast as others, and they knew. I like to think that I'm mature now, though; I mean, you don't see me making games like that anymore.

But in any case, I've talked too much. Welcome back.
Hubz
newcomer

Post by Hubz »

Welcome back, if it makes you feel better i don't know that many are still around from when I was active. I kinda quit messing around with it all when I was probably a junior in high school but get nostalgic as hell from time to time for the #megazeux IRC channel and old AOL boards. Some day plan to play all the great games that were released after that period as I'm terribly unfamiliar with them all. Also all my games I made make me cringe now but I was a teenager so... whatever. :)
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

Hello and welcome back to all scragglers and miscreants checking up on Z2
beatdevil
newcomer

Post by beatdevil »

Woah, there ARE some people still here. That's cool! I didn't think looking around for ZZT-related places would reveal anything other than dust and ghosts.
Neato. Howdy folks!
newt
newcomer

Post by newt »

z2: somehow slightly more active than the r/zzt subreddit.
ohh dear
Nemo_Sum
newcomer

Post by Nemo_Sum »

Not gonna lie, it was r/ZZT that sent me back here.
VinceP
<3s you

Post by VinceP »

Hi guys.