Roton, pairer

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Alpha01
newcomer

Roton, pairer

Post by Alpha01 »

Hello!

Does anyone know what on earth a "roton" is? I, personally, have always thought it may be some kind of mouse (after the Spanish "ratón", mouse, and its fast, erratic movement), but I wonder whether I'm correct.

And, by the way, what the hell a "pairer" can be? Its unnatural color, non-figurative shape (lowercase sigma "σ") and hard-to-interpret name does not lend itself to an easy identification.

Thanks,
Alpha01
Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Roton, pairer

Post by Commodore »

Your guess is as good as mine. The pairer, whatever it is, has no code actually associated with it, same with the dragon pup. They are both un-implemented.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Appetite4
Official Clamp School Defender

Re: Roton, pairer

Post by Appetite4 »

I imagine the term "roton" somewhat refers to the behavior, which has a configurable rate to "rotate" the direction. That's just guesswork, though. The Super ZZT lore never explains it.

No idea what a "pairer" might have done had it been threshed out. But...

I have been working on remixed behavior for the standard enemies in Fall of ZZT: The Curse of Production Quality. Dragon pups are still stationary, but they breath bullet spurts at you. Pairers will multiply when hit, leading to some shoot/don't shoot situations.