ZZT Retrospective Video

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

katarn11
newcomer

ZZT Retrospective Video

Post by katarn11 »

Dear Friends,

I haven't been around since about 2014 and I apologize- I'm Hayabusa and I forgot my login! - But I just made a video to spread the love and knowledge of ZZT to the masses while also featuring many of your games and some shout outs - Throughout the years you all helped my with questions and being my Friend (what up VIOVIS?!)

Anyhow I wanted to share with you guys! Thanks

https://youtu.be/pccbymHpZnU
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Re: ZZT Retrospective Video

Post by Dr. Dos »

That's pretty cool. It's not often these sorts of channels get to make time for ZZT.

Are all your games mentioned even on z2? I didn't think anything had even been made after like 2012 or so.

Also it is super important to note that Janson goes by Alexis now!
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
katarn11
newcomer

Post by katarn11 »

Strangely I found they weren't on Z2 and I thought I had previously uploaded - I just put them up to be reviewed - And I went back and forth with the Greg / Alexis - but I thought for the sake of staying true to the history I would use Greg -
Appetite4
Official Clamp School Defender

Credits?

Post by Appetite4 »

This is an issue that has given me trouble, too. The name is now "Alexis" but the credits are plastered with the name "Greg." A permanent record of a different name, everywhere.

I've decided to use the new name in The Hall of Music. After all, if she wants to be called that, I'm calling her that.

Does anyone still refer to Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay?
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

My reasoning for doing it in videos is cause if anyone comes here and looks for games by Alexis they're not gonna find any.

Thanks for the shout out!
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
lizhaze
newcomer

Post by lizhaze »

Commodore wrote:My reasoning for doing it in videos is cause if anyone comes here and looks for games by Alexis they're not gonna find any.
Search for Greg... nothing... search for Alexis, all the games?
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Huh. That's nuts I could've sworn it was the other way around.

Whoops.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

It was until earlier this year when I changed it. Ultimately, using her deadname will only make more people deadname her as they won't find out the name is longer accurate.

DMZX uses Tromdage, but she never used that alias in ZZT. I don't think anybody has a way of getting in touch with her for what she prefers, but looking around on posts on dmzx she only uses her old name when she absolutely has to.

Somebody familiar enough with ZZT/MZX to search her previous name and get no results will probably say "Wait what?" and then search for Code Red or STK and figure things out. Somebody new to ZZT/MZX will see the title screen discrepancy and be able to figure it out. I'm happy to edit any names/titles for the database itself, but I won't touch another person's files.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Cool video! It's so weird but also great seeing an actual human person say things like 'ZZT' and 'STK' -- I'm used to only ever seeing these words in text.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]