zzt on the web

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

steveg22
newcomer

Re: zzt on the web

Post by steveg22 »

true enough. though its been a while since i've been in a proper dos shell, running zzt in dosbox is about as good as it gets for me.

even tried blasting through city of zzt...kept messing up the jail with the bomb attempts ;)

currently im using mootools to do any 'class' based programming in zzt (makes handling the animals and other objects a little cleaner) so keep an eye on the github link in the OP, ill be posting up some code as soon as i clean things up a bit and get some more content working. im trying to get the player going so i can finally explore and test things as i go.
steveg22
newcomer

Post by steveg22 »

just posted up some more code changes on github...should be proper for setting up a small server and testing things. im doing everything locally on my machine with a wamp stack, so nothing fancy needed. a lighthttpd or something similar should be enough to test locally. im still looking for a host somewhere that will let me share a little corner of their hard drive so i can post this up somewhere as i work on it.
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

PM'ed
Image Image
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Looks pretty neat! Your readme mentions "hiding" the player on the title screen, but the player isn't hidden, it gets replaced with a monitor which is what detects the keypresses for About, Editor, and that sort of thing.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.