PB Dings 10 years old

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

PB Dings 10 years old

Post by Ellypses »

It started of as a project I wanted to complete before 7th of June 10 years ago. The deadline was my 21st birthday and was at the time was determined to get it done through my depression. It wasn't easy but I told myself to try to enjoy myself throughout it's creation. With drawn concepts that dates back to 3 years ago at the time from my journals to hand drawn maps on a sketch paper, I pretty much pushed on to create what it is now, right on a IBM PS/2 machine. My goal is simply to bring innovation by presenting new ideas such as the backpack engine, a 'second quest', and some programming tricks with zzt such as boulders with stats, dragging floor tiles bugs as a feature where you smash your face upon entering the world beyond the cave, eating boss frog that literally eats you, and a functioning hyperpede. Small things like a boarder on a map where there's no game and rewarding players for thinking creatively and experimenting. Things I called communicating though creation at the time. I think weird and still do, that's how I am. Never thinking or residing inside the safety of the box when I can endanger my reputation by not giving a f*** and discover things some people would be too scared to. If it causes positive change, I can chance it.

I may have probably kept going with PB til I hit the 350k limit where I finish the last sets of board for the second quest with new enemies outside the first. But it was still fun though out. My passion is behind expression and art of game creation. It wasn't about making the best game, it was simply designing an experience. I could had made more games of expression afterwards...but as my passion at the time was still burning, I felt pretty lonely doing it. But I was persistent til the day I bailed when the opportunity to do a big project came. A sad story came afterwards though..

10 year past already, eh? Funny how time be booking. Just now clocking at the age of 31....*stares at the number* which I still don't believe it has been that long already, or feel like it. I came back here probably for just this one month. I never was the type that stays still and always kept moving. In my logic, or should I said I follow a philosophy of a marshal artist that I'm always growing. It's bad for me to keep staying and have to move on to different things in order for me to keep evolving..

But then again..
Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: PB Dings 10 years old

Post by Commodore »

No lie friend. But so long as you keep on keepin' on, the past isn't so bad to revisit.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Re: PB Dings 10 years old

Post by bitbot »

Happy birthday Pepper Bolette! I think l'll give this one a playthrough...

I'd like to see more Longplays (demoed by their respective authors) submitted to Commodore's ZZT Channel.

Edit: Speaking of Longplays, here's a fresh one with nice commentary by Bill Meeks.
http://youtu.be/M0VeGgxaA2E
Image Image