Passages and floors/fake

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Hayabusa
The destructor

Passages and floors/fake

Post by Hayabusa »

When traveling through passages the fakes/floors become empties and continue to destroy the flooring. Is there any solution to that?
Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror - Hazuki Dojo
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Re: Passages and floors/fake

Post by bitbot »

Yea, put the player next to the passage
Image Image
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

It's got to do with how zzt stores the board after you leave it. It remembers what's under a player, but saves the board with the player next to the passage touched, rather than on top of it. If you step out another way the spot where the player was saved is not filled.

You can sort of get around it but it puts limitations on the board. The player can only enter and leave the passage from one direction, and the passage can be the only way in and out of the board.

Another walkaround, if the floors are the bright colors (probably not the case though) is to have an object that loops #change empty yellow fake. Then you'd have to avoid having empties (i.e. using black on black fakes)

In any case it's easier to stylistically avoid putting fakes next to a passage. I.e. instead of wall to wall carpets, oriental rugs.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Hayabusa
The destructor

Post by Hayabusa »

Thanks! Issue resolved. I see how it saves the player position. Needed to limit passage way -
Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror - Hazuki Dojo