ZZTV11 RELEASED!

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

ZZTBandit
Ordinery

Re: ZZTV11 RELEASED!

Post by ZZTBandit »

Masamune wrote:By chance I saw this a few weeks ago; I was vacillating over whether to respond when I saw that you followed me on Twitter. (My account is under my real name.)
Wait, is this who I think it is?
Masamune wrote:It looks so much cleaner--still pre-STK, but I think it had to be due to memory constraints?
You are correct!
Masamune wrote: About six years ago, I saw a forum post (possibly here?) where someone did their own take on this and dissected my choices and theirs. I wish I remember who it was. Their review was thorough, and they definitely improved on it--I don't recall if they got proper tetrominoes, but they had a good sense of our code choices; I think there was some point where they zigged where I zagged with regard to using flags/labels for different kinds of signaling.
There's 3Tris by triphEd and I'm told that WiL had one but for one reason or another it wasn't added here. I did however, find this:
WiL wrote: CyQ had a marvelous tetris clone that, if completed, would have been well over 20k but less than 32k. We do not have CyQ's game. These people didn't leave because ZZT wasn't the GCS for them. They left because Tim Sweeney's file format allowed for 32k boards but he only allocated 20000 bytes in memory for them, leading to corrupted game files, runtime errors, and weeping jesus on the cross. I have felt the pleading voices of the dead spirits of ZZTers lost and frustrated...
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

There is a tetris in preposterous machines by drake wilson.

Hi masamune!
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
ZZTBandit
Ordinery

Post by ZZTBandit »

Dangit! I forget to mention Drake's which is really good. Thanks, Commodore. I found ZZTris to be just a tad bit more stable and pretty impressive for 1999.