Another one of those topics where a new guy introduces himse

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Baby Bonnie Hood
newcomer

Another one of those topics where a new guy introduces himse

Post by Baby Bonnie Hood »

Hi, I'm Baby Bonnie Hood. I'm primarily a MZXer, but I did start with ZZT around a couple of decades ago. Played with it, loved it, dabbled in making games with it (all lame and none released). Though eventually I moved on to Janson's GCS and pretty much ceased ZZTing, I still have fond memories of the ZZT games I played.

Which is why this year, I got nostalgic and decided to fire up ZZT again. Replayed Town for the nth time, then played Caves, City, and Dungeons for the first time. Finished them all without cheating. I feel proud of that. Then I started playing the games I used to play, and new games that I've never played before. And my love for ZZT pretty much came back.

In fact, I recently did remakes of a few ZZT games in MZX: Cannibal Island (not the one by Janson), Robots of Gemrule (the one by Janson), and Mostly Morphine Powder Strangers. You can check 'em out at dMZX, and then yell at me for ruining them or something.

So yeah, hello z2 :)
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Re: Another one of those topics where a new guy introduces h

Post by Saxxon »

Hello :]
Smilymzx
I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!

Post by Smilymzx »

BBH, Welcome to Z2/ZZT.org!

Shameless Plug: Give Lyon a try if you are on Windows, It is a open source ZZT remake project that is more superior than others (except Megazeux, it is already better than ZZT.)
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

hey, bbhood, I have seen you around dmzx and I think way back at zw. I lurked a bunch a while ago, but never posted more than once or twice. Welcome to the other side ;)

You should play my cat game. Also if you haven't yet seen Eli's House, or Sector 9 (a group project) you should. The Quiet hasn't been added and is languishing in the uploads folder, give that a look too. Those last two are probably the most recent games of significance. Of course Preposterous Machines, but that's more like a mind rape than a game... and actually that was a while ago :P
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Baby Bonnie Hood
newcomer

I'll get to those, I'm checking out the featured games first.

What do I do with Ned the Knight, though? Apparently, one of its final boards has a... problem. I really wanna play the prequel of Bernard the Bard (a.k.a. BEST MZX GAME EVAR).
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

Baby Bonnie Hood wrote:I'll get to those, I'm checking out the featured games first.

What do I do with Ned the Knight, though? Apparently, one of its final boards has a... problem. I really wanna play the prequel of Bernard the Bard (a.k.a. BEST MZX GAME EVAR).
Hi BBH
Lamar's work is a big influence of mine. I'd like to see Ned remastered.

The game went over the limit hence corruption.
Thankfully it was salvaged and split into two files.
Image Image
Baby Bonnie Hood
newcomer

Ooh, I do see two files. Neatsome.
bitbot wrote:I'd like to see Ned remastered.
Yeah, a remake of it in MZX sounds cool. I don't think it'd be an easy task though, unless you wanna be cheap and just put it through ZZT2MZX. No, it has to look, sound, and play like Bernard the Bard to be a worthy remake. And really, I imagine the only guy who can pull that off is Snigwich himself.