Hi z2

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

DroneBoy
Skeletons ALWAYS have a sense of humor.

Hi z2

Post by DroneBoy »

What's up? I'm a guy who uses ASCII/ANSI/text GCSes. Used to play around with ZZT alot - decided I'd see what is going on with it today, discuss coding styles, and make some games. Yep. They'll be crazy games, but that's to be expected from someone who chooses avatars like mine.
Some might call ZZT-OOP an appetizer language. Not much to it, they say. I point out that one can heap on lots and lots of salsa.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I like crazy games. Welcome. What sort of games are you into?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Welcome! The community's been quiet recently, but there's been more activity this summer.

If you used to be in the community, you might be interested in ZUltimate, the ZZT wiki.
DroneBoy

Post by DroneBoy »

Thanks guys. What sort of games am I into? Stuff like:

:keen: Commander Keen, Duke Nukem I, etc.

Text Adventures (like Zork)

As far as ZZT games, I liked: Town of ZZT, Evil Sorcerer's Party, Burger Joint, and of course Banana Quest.

I wasn't in the community before... I downloaded stuff and played games, played with some game engines... Never got around to joining and posting the stuff I made with ZZT, though. Sadly, that stuff is long gone... it was on a laptop that died about seven years ago (before I made backups.)

But I've decided to give making ZZT games another shot. :) (and upload them this time.)
Last edited by DroneBoy on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some might call ZZT-OOP an appetizer language. Not much to it, they say. I point out that one can heap on lots and lots of salsa.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I enjoy DN1 also.

Often have a go at text adventures too, though not lately. I like early scott adam's c64 adventures and some of the crazier infocom stuff.

You should play Eli's House (zzt) if you like adventure games.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
DroneBoy

Post by DroneBoy »

Thanks, I'm playing Eli's House now, it's awesome! :)

Scott Adams stuff is awesome (I found a compiler for making Scott Adams format adventure games recently.) Speaking of adventures made by people named Scott, Scott Miller's "Supernova" is an awesome text adventure.

So... is anyone else making a ZZT game right now, or am I the only one? :D
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

well theoretically I've got two in the works. One sort of an attempt at super star trek in zzt, the other a more traditional adventure game that focuses on Indiana Jones style traps and the like.

QP had some sort of puzzle game going for a bit.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I will never cancel 'Huh', but I will never finish it either, so technically it's in development and shaping up nicely for its 2017 release! Welcome to Z2 by the way.
Surlent
Oh man not him again

Post by Surlent »

Technically I have two or three games that I talked about once and haven't officially canceled. Technically this also makes me more productive than Zandor at the moment. :O
DroneBoy

Post by DroneBoy »

Commodore: Super Star Trek in ZZT... please do it? Also the Indiana Jones traps sound fun, fun, fun!

Zandor: Never cancelling, yet never finishing... sounds kind of like me.

Surlent: Dig into your old stuff, you may find inspiration! :)

BTW I've started a topic for the game I'm making in ZZT Projects if you're interested.