Collaborative Game Idea

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

Is this a:

Good Idea
69%
Bad Idea
15%
Depends
15%

Total votes: 13

RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

I think Nupanick is one of the younger clones of WiL. He managed to escape the laboratory. He is an example of bravery to us all.
Last edited by RobertP on Thu May 21, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My waste is my weapon.
newpanick
newcomer

Post by newpanick »

I will. I will make the floating boo-- WAIT A MINUTE

I'VE JUST SPOILED WHO I AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII XD :hmmmm: :whole: :adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl :drussrox: :icannotcontrol: :ssj: :keen: :tie: :safe: :tie: :antibaron:
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

HEY ALL.

Since there seems to be some new (and productive) life in the scene, there could be a chance for this fine project to become somewhat more complete.

Because this is Nupanick's project, who has done a fine job in conducting the rules, I'm not sure if it's my place to revive this thread, but I really liked the idea and I think the result could be a ZZT classic. It has a simple premise, a very charming diversity and a challenge on every screen.

I think some of the people who were supposed to collaborate, but failed to send in a board, would be willing to give their empty space to someone else.

So, Nupanick, I suppose I'm asking for your blessing! It's still your project, so do as you please. But do think of the CHILDREN!
My waste is my weapon.
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

Commodore wrote:the continuing story of my board: I got a date with the girl my board was about! wish me luck!
i want to know how this went
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Commodore wrote:the continuing story of my board: I got a date with the girl my board was about! wish me luck!

that's a good ice breaker.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I got stood up, but it was maybe a bit of an exaggeration to call it a date in the first place. Things are looking better now though.

"Hey! I made some weird thing about you and posted it online where only about 8 pasty twenty-somethings saw it!"

not that it would be too hard to track me down to this board. google searching my name leads to the ZU wiki, where you can link my picture with my handle.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

newpanick wrote:I will. I will make the floating boo-- WAIT A MINUTE

I'VE JUST SPOILED WHO I AM

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII XD :hmmmm: :whole: :adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl :drussrox: :icannotcontrol: :ssj: :keen: :tie: :safe: :tie: :antibaron:

You say this as though there was ever any uncertainty, at any point. I seriously figured it out like, two posts into that shenanigans.

Wait, revive my old project? Make the collabyrinth into a classic? I approve! The boards we already got were pretty good, we still have... let's see... 4 unfinished boards.

Board 1,1 (entrance/exits on east, south)
Board 2,2 (entrance-only on west, entrance/exits on north, east, south)
Board 1,3 (entrance/exits on north, east)
Board 4,3 (entrance-only on north, exit-only on west, contains red key)

Also, I can't remember who made board 2,3(entrance/exits on north and west), but it was horrendous (other than for the poetry) and broke some of my stated rules. So if we fill all the others, I'd appreciate a remake of that one.

And I know asiekierka will still want a "secret" board, so if he finishes that I'll slip it in somewhere.
I'm nupanick.
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

Also, the letters C, A, B, I, N, T, and H are still looking bland on the title screen. I was hoping to make them match the boards they correspond to. Like, you can arrange the letters in a 3x4 grid just like the game boards, and the letter should resemble the board at the same coordinates.
I'm nupanick.
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Commodore wrote:I got stood up, but it was maybe a bit of an exaggeration to call it a date in the first place. Things are looking better now though.

"Hey! I made some weird thing about you and posted it online where only about 8 pasty twenty-somethings saw it!"

not that it would be too hard to track me down to this board. google searching my name leads to the ZU wiki, where you can link my picture with my handle.
Take a laptop along on the next one and if there's a lull in the conversation, break out the game you made about her. She'll either think it's ever so sweet or be scared witless.
:keen:
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

there is really nothing to worry about re: people tracking you down on the internet and coming here

seriously this is probably the least creepy nerd forum on the internet, unless you're a new zealander or a mzxer you're unlikely to have any real dirt on you
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Ceri JC wrote:She'll either think it's ever so sweet...
there's nothing sweet about it, I made the board drunk, about being drunk, because of her. it's also terribly irrelevant now. maybe it'll be sweet ten years from now.
Zenith Nadir wrote:seriously this is probably the least creepy nerd forum on the internet
you know my gut reaction was to dispute that, but there really is a lot worse out there. A LOT worse.

about more boards. I'm down to do another. I swear it'll look prettier. And a letter for it, those are easy. Maybe Ceri JC would contribute a board?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Commodore wrote: Maybe Ceri JC would contribute a board?
Yep, I'm up for that. Nupanick, or whoever is running this now, please allocate me a room.

I've not read the whole thread yet, which page are the actual final rules/theme being used (as opposed to the theoretical ones which were being touted early on)?
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

There's no uniform theme. Everyone makes whatever kind of board they like.

The rules are simple: Make a board that meets Nupanick's specifications. If the board needs to have an entrance on the north side, then the entire north side of the board needs to be empty/fake (except for the corners). If the board needs a red key, add one. In general, provide the player with everything he/she needs to complete your puzzle.

You can download version 1.0 to see what other people have done.
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

I want to do a board too.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Re: Collaborative Game Idea

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

Code: Select all

Title: Collabyrinth 1.0
Genre: Puzzle / Classic
Author: Various

Happy New Year!
==========================================
Send late submissions to
nupanick@gmail.com.
This game was designed by several people,
one board apiece. The goal is to get all
three keys and leave the collabyrinth.

Contributors:
RobertP
Oof (Aka Superbowl Shuffle)
Quantum P
Jur
Nupanick
Commodore
Alexis Janson
Infosponge

Sucky people who were supposed to
contribute but didn't meet the deadline:
Seventh Shade
Schrodinger's Cat
Dr. Dos
Zamros
Asiekierka
SHIT! I KNEW I forgot something.
I am so sorry! Is it too late to contribute?