WinZZT

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

robhol
newcomer

WinZZT

Post by robhol »

I'm not sure whether I should post it here or the "clones and editors" section, but this is strictly speaking not a clone.

Either way, may I present WinZZT, an open-source project with the aim of creating a new and more feature rich ZZT.

The project uses C# with the .NET framework and is still in its infancy. While a lot of the basic stuff is done, some of the more advanced stuff... isn't done.

I'd like help (if not with coding, then maybe ideas and brainstorming) if you're interested.

I haven't been in touch with the "real" ZZT scene for quite some time, so I probably won't stay around these forums for very long - if you're interested, post here as soon as you can or, if you want, drop me a mail.

This is what it currently looks like, if you're interested.
Linky! (104kB exe)

(*Cough* Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go have a seizure due to the 20 very large and extremely flashy animations that flashed at me the entire time I was writing this. ;) )
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Epic Win
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
robhol
newcomer

Post by robhol »

Thanks. ;)
As I said, if you're able to help coding, that's awesome, although if you're just interested in the finished product and the brainstorming on the way there, that's good too. :P

Oh, and nice pic of Mörkö/Mårran/Hufsa. She scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. :D
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

aghghghb. i was going to do exactly this when i got proper internet access back at my house. c# and everything. also i can't help you because of the internet thing i just mentioned. i need $300.
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

i pledge loyalty & my life to npzzt. death to infidels. death to the unbelievers.
r
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Re: WinZZT

Post by Quantum P. »

robhol wrote:I haven't been in touch with the "real" ZZT scene for quite some time
This implies you were once a part of the ZZT community? If so, you might want to check out ZUltimate, our ZZT wiki. Has some historical stuff on it.

Anyways, welcome by.
VinceP
<3s you

Post by VinceP »

Hah! I love ZZT!
robhol
newcomer

Post by robhol »

Lol, well, nps, when you do get it, if the project is still up and active, it's open sourced, so you're welcome to join, whenever.

aplsos and VinceP: thanks for the highly helpful and relevant comment, have a nice day.. :P

Quantum P: I wouldn't go as far as to say I was a part of the community, but I did download some worlds and utilities and stuff. Then I quit playing ZZT for quite a while.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

what are you talking about

you can not win zzt
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

how to win zzt:

he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
VinceP