Weekend of ZZT 2007

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

For the record, I meant the US EST at UTC-5; New York, Pennsylvania etc.
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

thanks for the clarification madtom
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I believe I've got my clock set accurately now.
LANCER ECKS
is a lady of leisure and drinks of fine wine

Post by LANCER ECKS »

I SHALL JOIN
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Signed!
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

Quantum I'm going by your clock.

I'm pretty excited about this! Less than 2 days left! :keen:

It'll start around 6:30 for me, so I won't miss anything for it and nothing'll cause me to miss part of it. I hope to do some sort of adventure/exploration game, but that all depends on the topic given. I also might come on IRC for it, too.

(com)buster taught me a couple cool tricks to do as well that I'll try to use somewhere. One thing though; before the contest starts, I want to see if there's any possible way to #change grey things. Other than that, I'm all set!
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

hyde` wrote:One thing though; before the contest starts, I want to see if there's any possible way to #change grey things. Other than that, I'm all set!
It depends. What exactly do you want to do?

The topic is broad enough to allow a wide variety of games, so don't worry about that. I'm glad to see some enthusiasm.
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

You forgot to tell everyone in the thread here that I signed up. :sadness:

My computer is finally fixed! I'll try really hard to make a game!
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

28 people signed up so far! I have high hopes for this contest.
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

If the standard rule of one game for every ten people holds, we should get almost three games! :keen:

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

This will be fun!
:adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl
Pancake
grand wizard cyclops

Post by Pancake »

MadTom wrote: It depends. What exactly do you want to do?

The topic is broad enough to allow a wide variety of games, so don't worry about that. I'm glad to see some enthusiasm.
I really just want to try to #change grey solids/normals/breakables/water, if it's possible.

And this is my first game making-related contest that I can participate in, so I'm excited. :)
Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

You can't #change anything outside the seven primary ZZT colors. You can #change things from dark versions of the primary colors by just calling them by the primary colors--#change red ____ gets both light and dark red ____s, #change yellow _____ gets both yellow and brown _____s, etc.--but whatever they're changed to is always the bright version.

Maybe one of the shades of grey might count as white for the "from" purposes, but other than that, I don't think it's possible.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

"#change red ____ gets both light and dark red ____s, #change yellow _____ gets both yellow and brown _____s, etc.--but whatever they're changed to is always the bright version."

I can't get this to work. #change red solid yellow solid won't affect dark red solids. :(

Are there any games on the archive that use this? It sounds useful.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Cool - I didn't realize you could do that, Kjorteo.

I believe you can create the appearance of gray solid by #changing stuff to white doors and then to white invisible.
hyde` wrote:Quantum I'm going by your clock.
NO WARRANTY

11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

12. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

So I wouldn't advise doing anything by my clock unless MadTom agrees in writing, or compliance with the clock is required by applicable law.