Looking for some of my old ZZT stuff

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

EWSMan
newcomer

Looking for some of my old ZZT stuff

Post by EWSMan »

Hi all!

I'm a ZZTer from... well, way back -- something like 10 or 11 years ago. I'm trying to see if any of my stuff from back then is still around anywhere. I lost the vast majority of it over the years and haven't found much on z2.

I'm actually the creator of the cheese-tastic X-Men game that found its way to z2 and is credited to "unknown", and I co-created Double Weird and Triple Weird.

Anyhoo, I used to upload my stuff (most of it very derivative) to AOL back in the day under the screen name MarioMania, and the couple of company names I used were Eddie Works Software (or EWSoftware) and PowrSoft. If any of that rings a bell and your collection of ZZT games goes way back, lemme know -- I'd appreciate it.

Some of the games I made that I still remember are "Alien Takeover", "School Terror", and "The Battle" (which I think had three parts). I know I made one that was "Castle [Something Or Other]" or "[Something] Castle" that was essentially a platform game made with a lot of object programming.

Cheers.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

When we moved to Belsambar I downloaded the archives and discovered that the largest letter on z2 is A because of a game not available on the archives for whatever reason, but in the folder as if it was.

http://zzt.org/zgames/a/aolcompilation.zip

9mb of old AOL games.

If it's anywhere it's in there.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

I'm sorry, most of us are under 13 and are too young to remember your games!
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Yeah, most of us aren't from the AOL days, but it's always awesome when oldbies come back for a visit. Welcome!

Also, I did not know that file existed! Is there any information as to who put it together, or is it just a giant undocumented bundle of ZZT games?
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

i think herc and hydra are to blame for that file
EWSMan
newcomer

Post by EWSMan »

Thanks a bunch, Dr. Dos! I actually did find a couple of mine in there -- and I barely remembered either of them!

Quantum, unfortunately it just seems to be a bundle of games. I found those ones of mine by trying out ones with familiar titles.