ZZT Online?

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

Jur wrote:Don't talk about it. Fok'n make the damn thing. Plastic is halfway to finishing the online compatible feature thingy so before that time of it's release y'all find a team to create it with the previous one until the 2.0 comes out.
you talk like we know how to like, make computers do stuff.

the most advanced thing i can do as far as programming goes is zzt-oop, and i'm not even good at that.
VinceP
<3s you

Post by VinceP »

Hayabusa wrote:Last time I checked, Papabear was working on a internet multiplayer thingy for Plastic.
and last time i checked ZZT IS DEAD SO GET THE FUCK OVER IT GOD DAMN
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

VinceP wrote:
Hayabusa wrote:Last time I checked, Papabear was working on a internet multiplayer thingy for Plastic.
and last time i checked ZZT IS DEAD SO GET THE FUCK OVER IT GOD DAMN
Don't be rude.
shmargin
Sir-Noobs-Alot
Location: Zenith Sucks, Zamros Sucks, Dr. DOS Sucks, Andos Sucks

Post by shmargin »

Yeah, I wouldnt think of ZZT as DEAD. I mean, I love old games, I have a computer hooked up right now, that I built to be old, that I use just to play DOS games in their true environment.

Plus you all are here...On a ZZT board...Discussing ZZT, so its not dead, just maybe in a rut.

I too would play a ZZT game, that looked like ZZT, but was an MMO. I like the idea of being able to choose colors, I mean, you could do like, a whole spectrum of colors for smilies changing the face color and the block around the smilie.

I'd even say keep it DOS, I'm not would I would call a programmer worthy of taking this on, but the idea doesnt seem too hard for anyone that could program a multiplayer checkers game.

The player could connect to a server, which would be cheap to run since it would be only sending data for ZZT, so, were looking at little data transfer, the world could be set up like a MMORPG, a town setting for the starting, out laying area around the town where tigers and bears can be killed for gems, and gems could be used to purchase boards, that could be accessed through either a spot in the game where you input a referance number for the players board you want to connect to, or a apartment building setting where there are tons of labeled doors that lead to players boards...

Players boards could be whatever.

Chat would have to be implemented, and overall I think this whole project would require a newly written ZZT-esqu engine. But the engine could still be true to ZZT and run the board files from ZZT for use as rooms and such, mods, or whoever, could create new areas for people to kill stuff, or even each other with some PvP going on.

I picture player made boards where players could compete, have a deathmatch, gamble with gems, talk, call each other names, you know, and stuff....

I think this would be fun, theres the outline for the project, lets get people that remember and know how to program multiplayer for DOS, lets get some good board designers together, lets get donations for a crappy server to run the server software from, and lets distribute the client for free through z2.

OK, you guys start working on it, and I'll continue to comment tills its done.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Ando wrote:Don't be rude.
don't be autistic
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

zamros wrote: you talk like we know how to like, make computers do stuff.

the most advanced thing i can do as far as programming goes is zzt-oop, and i'm not even good at that.
That's it. Plastic is no different from zzt exept for small essential changes. You could make a board that could resemble what #rawr looks like under zzt and there ya go. Think Austin from crank.

What I'm saying is when you work on the idea for the plastic we got, it would be ready when plastic 2.0 is, which will work over the net.
mania-[ker]
Im Zamros

Post by mania-[ker] »

Jur wrote:
zamros wrote: you talk like we know how to like, make computers do stuff.

That's it. Plastic is no different from zzt exept for small essential changes. You could make a board that could resemble what #rawr looks like under zzt and there ya go. Think Austin from crank.

What I'm saying is when you work on the idea for the plastic we got, it would be ready when plastic 2.0 is, which will work over the net.
what the fuck are you talking about
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

the above statement goes for anything jur says, ever
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
wil
GABZABOOLZABBA

Post by wil »

yeah, the current release of plastic allows people to connect to one another to play games on the internet. up to 8 people simultaneously. but it's slow, mostly because it was new and had yet to utilize some really fantastic multiplayer innovations that have come down the line. The multiplayer support for the next round of plastic stuff will be wicked rad.
shmargin
Sir-Noobs-Alot
Location: Zenith Sucks, Zamros Sucks, Dr. DOS Sucks, Andos Sucks

Post by shmargin »

Is there a link for this mysterious Plastic?

I keep seeing "Plastic! ZZT! Multiplayer!" And thats about it, what the hell is it exactly? And as I said, is there a link for someone who has no idea what you all are talking about?
asiekierka
YAHOO: ALL YOUR GEOCITIES ARE BELONG TO US

Post by asiekierka »

When Plastic 2.0 is ready, please for addon with connecting to channels and chatting.
Modifed ASTown will be proably a communication place :] or ZZCity... or new, team-worked... with addition to sending boards...

(that last is partly a joke, but it would be possible)
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Re: ...

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

asiekierka wrote:When Plastic 2.0 is ready, please for addon with connecting to channels and chatting.
Modifed ASTown will be proably a communication place :] or ZZCity... or new, team-worked... with addition to sending boards...

(that last was partly intelligible, but still not legible)
this is a deep and meaningful quote
JDMSonic
Ordinery

Post by JDMSonic »

Wow, you guys flame a lot.

But anyhow, I really did learn a lot from that! The basic idea being that Plastic is not dead, its net support is coming, and so I should use Plastic to make multiplayer-friendly worlds that will be well and good for netplay when Plastic 2.0 comes around.

How far along is Plastic 2.0, anyhoo?

And can I test my Plastic 1 creations with up to 8 people? Is latency really that big of an issue?
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

JDMSonic wrote:Wow, you guys flame a lot.
It's all light-hearted, don't take it too seriously.

And yeah, Plastic is still active. Although I haven't heard much about it for a while.
http://yahoo.com/
*shuggles*

Post by http://yahoo.com/ »

Yeah, the "attitude" here can be a bit hard to get used to for some people. Just keep in mind that there's very little actual hate that goes on here. We're just caustic, callous folk trying to eke out a simple existence around a GCS that's over a decade old.

Anyways, I haven't heard anything about Plastic in ages, so you're probably better off developing on the latest version.
this is a deep and meaningful quote