ZZT OOP Problems!

NOTE: I HATE A LOT OF YOUR ZZT GAMES, SO WATCH OUT!

Moderators: Commodore, Zenith Nadir

What can be said now?

ZZT OOP Problems!

Post by 610 »

Listen, I've been around for a LONG time, though NOBODY knows of my greatness due to the fact that I NEVER got around to finish any game I have made... I consider myself good with the ZZT OOP language, the only thing I'm struggling with is...

I try to transfer an object from a board to another, but it ends up with the codes gettin' screwed. Are there any tools to prevent this, or what? WHAT DO I DOOOO!?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

Use KevEdit or ZZTAE. Or if you don't like external editors, copy the code to a text file, then paste it into the required object using the Edit function in Windows mode.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

yes, that was one of the problems with to original editor, you also might export the board then import it again if you happen to be starting a new board from scratch.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 518 »

If your board is too big, it'll just completely screw everything up. Try export & Import, then delete everything else on the board. Or copy its text, though if it's a large object, doing that would be hell.
What can be said now?

Post by 570 »

what they said
What can be said now?

Post by 610 »

Until now, I have gathered all the objects I use making a typical board into one ''collection'' of items and walls needed... It has worked until now, but I was just wondering if there might be any other way. I'm still trying to teach me the KevEdit tool, so we'll see...

Thanks for all the advice!
My Liver Hurtz
All Hail

Post by My Liver Hurtz »

I think you can prevent code loss by copying the object onto your new board before putting anything else on it? I'm not quite sure, I remember a dicussion of this a LONG time ago.
I did!--I did!--You're quicker than your friend... Now for a handful of guilders I happen to have a private and uncut performance of The Rape of the Sabine Women-or rather woman, or rather Alfred--. Get your skirt on, Alfred--
What can be said now?

Post by 610 »

löl, well... That's kinda hard to do when you have four types of orcs, two types of trolls, a dragon and three variants of the killer squirrel(copyright Aryndil 2001-2004) and a horde of doors and reloading engines and the likes :p

Anyways, thanks... Or is it thanks, anyways... Or no ''s'' in anyway? Bah!
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

I don't think you can copyright the words "killer squirrel"
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
What can be said now?

Post by 610 »

Hey, chill, I was just joking *starts to sweat*...

Okay, none may leave with news of this!! *pulls out a motorsaw and starts chasing people around*
What can be said now?

Post by 53 »

just learn kevedit, it's not too hard. press enter on the object, then jump boards and place em on the new one.
wildkarrdex
A daring young man on a flying trapeze.

Post by wildkarrdex »

What can be said now?

Post by 97 »

Are you scandinavian?
clecky
Founder of Scientology

Post by clecky »

scandinavia sucks in risk
"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men." Harry J. Anslinger, 1929
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

For a game I am making, I have a txt file with all of the code I need. So it's just a simple copy and paste.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]