History of torg

Michael Gaddass wants to keep up with you on Twitter

Moderator: zamros

Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

I was playing ZZT back in the Torg days, and regularly visited the site, but only to read reviews and download the games that got good reviews. I think I tried to sign up for a 24HoZZT once, but I waited until about three hours beforehand, then got lost in the message board, gave up, and played nintendo instead. I wasn't very active until Z2 started.
Reason and logic had led people into the horrors of war; the only route to salvation was to reject logic and embrace anarchy and the irrational.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

I never noticed the deep meaning of that comic...
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

zamros. I love you.
What can be said now?

Post by 485 »

Hrm, funny but extremely inaccurate, but I guess the myth still lives. Argh I know I said I wouldn't reply but...

1. Visitors of ZZT.org came to me and complained a lot. I didn't awake from a slumber just to disturb the "peace."

2.The division of ZZT.org into archive and ZZT Planet into community; that was WAY before this all happened. It was HM's site by the way.

3.Again I didn't bring anything to the people they brought it to me.

4.I knew of Z2 long before anyone thought I did. I knew the testbed and directory was there on zzt.org. I had already encouraged people to make another archive.

5.The only reason I thought to keep zzt.org going was part nostalgia and for those users who came to me in the first place. But I had no interest in ZZT. I was very glad the transition to Z2 went well. I kept all the files for a few months incase it didn't. Once I saw it survived I didn't give it much more thought.

What's most interesting about the whole thing was most people never came to me. They just assumed a lot and filled in the blanks. The HOBGOBLIN OF MISINFORMATION was like a wildfire. If I was this big bully/tyrant the site would have died much much sooner. The fact that I see events like ZZT Planet mixed in with the end of the site is a clear example of how rampant it was.

Ok, unless I do otherwise THIS is the last I will say about it here.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

dude xabbott i don't think you get it

<b>NOBODY CARES

IT WAS TWO YEARS AGO</b>

the end!
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast