HEHE KAWAII ^_____^

Michael Gaddass wants to keep up with you on Twitter

Moderator: zamros

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

How can you attribute a characteristic to something that doesn't exist? In your mind elves are not whimsical. In Nadir's they are.

Also stop stereotyping your elves! That's rather immature. Maybe some of them are whimsical, just not the majority.

:magicmissle:
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
What can be said now?

Re:

Post by 661 »

Dr. Dos wrote:How can you attribute a characteristic to something that doesn't exist? In your mind elves are not whimsical. In Nadir's they are.

Also stop stereotyping your elves! That's rather immature. Maybe some of them are whimsical, just not the majority.

:magicmissle:
That’s a just statement; but Tolkien’s Middle-earth, although completely feigned (despite the cynics’ accusations of allegories), isn’t without a sense of history and reality. And it is with this “sense of history” that I can be allowed to “attribute a characteristic to something that doesn’t exist”; after all, I am reading English at the University of Norwich and, in writing a dissertation on Lord of the Rings, I am expected to adopt logical parameters of research. This suggests I am not stereotyping, but rather, analysing and understanding the works that I regard so highly.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i am laughing so hard right now
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 395 »

i pretended to be you on espernet and i think the fake you was better than the real you
What can be said now?

Post by 97 »

I'm not comfortable with the language being used here. I believe the name "elves" to be racially offensive. Please call them "Middle-Earthian-Americans".

You racist pieces of shit. Stop stereotyping elves.

I agree with Nadir.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Re:

Post by Zenith Nadir »

medieval wrote:I am reading English at the University of Norwich and, in writing a dissertation on Lord of the Rings, I am expected to adopt logical parameters of research.
i thought you were writing a dissertation on the z2 tyrants for a psychology course
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Nah, he's just looking to get overrated by some more stupid teachers.

In other news:

The extra I's are for extra Kiiings!
What can be said now?

Re:

Post by 661 »

Zenith Nadir wrote:
medieval wrote:I am reading English at the University of Norwich and, in writing a dissertation on Lord of the Rings, I am expected to adopt logical parameters of research.
i thought you were writing a dissertation on the z2 tyrants for a psychology course
I never said anything of the kind. Yes I said I possibly will be writing a dissertation on Z2 and the corruption of the power; but this remains to be seen. And nothing about a psychology course was mentioned. You’ve either made that up, or you have a serious memory problem.
What can be said now?

Post by 235 »

ha ha you lose
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Hey, ty, you got some spunk on your face.

if you read the definition, whimsical is not the opposite of sombre.

And frivioulous? You must have has some dumb teachers to sneak by with an A. I've never heard of any such misconception about elves, nor do I think any such conception exists.

Honestly I can point out several things all throughout this thread my teachers would have shit bricks over.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Re:

Post by 661 »

Hey, ty, you got some spunk on your face.
?
if you read the definition, whimsical is not the opposite of sombre.
Of course. I completely agree. But I never said any such thing did I? Take a careful look back in this thread.
And frivioulous? You must have has some dumb teachers to sneak by with an A. I've never heard of any such misconception about elves, nor do I think any such conception exists.
Research harder then. The Middle-earth elves are NOT whimsical by any of its primary definitions at dictionary.com, nor are they in any way "frivolous". This is so very clear. Do the proper research; then come and lecture me.

To clarify: the word “elf” refers, by dictionary definition, to a fey, and possibly fairy-like, creature. I can think of many people who might interpret the elves in Tolkien’s literature as described above; however, in consideration of the screenplays, we can see that the elves have been “properly” interpreted and so the above description of an elf is wholly incorrect when referring to “The Lord of the Rings”. The elves of Arda are quite normal, and in no way, whimsical or frivolous.

However, the elfs that scurry about in Santa’s grotto are, of course, quite fanciful.
Honestly I can point out several things all throughout this thread my teachers would have shit bricks over.
Then do so. I am waiting.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

IT IS OF MY OPINION THAT THE ELVES ARE RATHER EVOCATIVE

Really, though, no one cares anymore and you're just trying to prove how much smarter you are than everyone else. I VOTE FOR A RE-BAN

ALSO: :magicmissle:
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

You asked for it.

1)You’re talking spunk again.

2)mundane and productive functionality

3)That statement is completely subjective, and totally lacks in validity. And I never said I was fully seasoned.

Subjective is believing that letter grades tell you how smart you are.

4)And nobody on here has ever used the word in acceptable grammatical context.

Haha

5)I would post what I think about it, but I can't be bothered; and the only stored review I have is for the books; which are, in actual fact, quite different from the movies.

6)The elves are a very sombre race, despite the popular misconception of them being frivolous.

You missed my point. WHAT FUCKING MISCONCEPTION?!?! WHY ARE THE ELVES CONSIDERED SO WORTHLESS? You can't just say there's a popular misconception and then not explain where it comes from. Especially when it may not even exist!

7) And it is with this "sense of history" that I can be allowed to "attribute a characteristic to something that doesn’t exist"; after all, I am reading English at the University of Norwich and, in writing a dissertation on Lord of the Rings, I am expected to adopt logical parameters of research.

The longest sentance fragment I've ever seen. :)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Homz
Ordinery

Post by Homz »

The only thing that exceeds Tyrannous' vocabulary is his ego. Unfortunately, his intelligence is one million times less than both.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

ziing
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.