Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake eater

Michael Gaddass wants to keep up with you on Twitter

Moderator: zamros

What can be said now?

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake eater

Post by 576 »

I think it's about time i try to get the opinions of some rather sane people, as those friggin nerds on gamefaqs seem to be blind to simple facts. First off, Snake eater is set during Vietnam isn't it, and Metal Gear (nes/MSX is set during the 90s, about 98, which is snakes first mission right. Some of those stupid nerds (nerds are ment to me smart right?) can't even figure this one out (it took me a few minutes of checking facts) that snake/liquid and solidus are genetic clones of a soldier known as Big Boss, the ex commander of Unit Foxhound. People are saying snake and liquid are nothing alike (in form), but in Metal Gear Solid, Meryl Campbell says
"Because you look just like him!"
"You mean the terrorist leader Liquid Snake?" Snake responds
"Yeah, you're not brothers are you?"
"I have no family"
Plus, the fact that snake has blonde hair (and looks like liquid) in the breifing videos, until you watch the last one and you hear snake cutting his hair short. Those game faqs guys can't tell snake is naturally blonde, and dyes his hair dark (as dark hair is better for hiding in shadows). My theory is simple, snake wasn't even born during the vietnam wars, so you must be playing as Big Boss during metal gear solid 3. Does anyone agree this must be the case?

Taken from Snakesoup.com

Kojima officially stated the game will take place in the 60's. The weapons seem to be from that era as well. But that doesn't make sense. Snake wasn't even born in the 60's, and he looks younger than he does in Sons of Liberty in this trailer! (Though in some scenes, he looks just as old... odd, eh?) Does that mean Big Boss is the main character of this game? Well, seeing as Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss, that might explain why the character shown in the trailers looks like Snake. In addition, on the E3 MGS3 promo booklets, a couple of random letters were capitalized, and if you put them together, they spell "BIG BOSS." Hmmm... Furthermore, near the end of the E3 trailer, the character Snake (Kojima said he'll be called "Snake" in the game, but remember, Raiden in Sons of Liberty was codenamed Snake before his mission at the Big Shell) had a close-up on his face, and he was missing his right eye - that's where Big Boss wore a eye patch over.
Last edited by 576 on Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I don't really care who he is. All I know is that game is supposed to kick a lot of ass. And I pray that it does.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

I don't have a Playstation 2 (and therefore couldn't care less about a new MGS game). And for good reason: Playstation 2 is noticably inferior to the Gamecube and X-box!

Why it sells so well is beyond me.
Will Sharber
What can be said now?

Post by Will Sharber »

stak: no.
scorch: yes.
commodore: double yes.
What can be said now?

Post by 48 »

Stak wrote:I don't have a Playstation 2 (and therefore couldn't care less about a new MGS game). And for good reason: Playstation 2 is noticably inferior to the Gamecube and X-box!

Why it sells so well is beyond me.
Because it has better games, you sad fuck.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

That's what YOU think! :superbaron:
What can be said now?

Post by 29 »

please no console arguments oh god please
also cock eater looks brilliant! especially the 'hilarious' puns in the japanese trailer!
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

ok, somebody put the word filter back.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
What can be said now?

Post by 576 »

Nadir deleted the word filter because it's not funny. It's bloody sad. Snake, snake, snake $£"!$%^%!!!!
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

OH DID HE
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

yes he did

look if you're going to keep changing it back, i'll compromise with you

i'll change it to "one-eyed love sn ake" if you'll shut up
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

wait zzo removed them all

and i guess that's the final word

anyway carry on your gaseous snake conversation, guys
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
What can be said now?

Post by 576 »

one eyed love snake? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Genius, pure genius that was. Sonic sez, see you guys later. Gotta go to work.
Mooseka
;-*

Post by Mooseka »

Agent Z wrote:one eyed love snake? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Genius, pure genius that was. Scorch sez, see you guys later. Gotta go to work.
i've been saving this image for you, scorch, for a very very long time.

I THINK THAT'S ALL I NEED TO SAY HERE.
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Yes indeed!

Actually, you should make it change "Boss" to "O". That would be fun.