A new game idea

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

MST3KFAN
newcomer

A new game idea

Post by MST3KFAN »

:keen: Hi. This is my first post. I have a new idea for a ZZT game: A RPG, based on the cliches page on this sight, making fun of all the cliches while using them to create an original, imaginative game. This game will be a joke mockery AND a serious, quality project at the same time.

I look foward to seeing how this game turns out. I know it will be awsome!

One final note - feel free to include other cliches you seem to notice that hasn't been posted, or some ideas (for cliches) of your own.

-MST3KFAN :-)
MST3KFAN
newcomer

Re: A new game idea

Post by MST3KFAN »

Me again. I have a few suggestions:
Beavis and Butthead
Duke Nukem
Mystery Science Theater 3000 / MiSTing games
Power Rangers
Random craziness, like in "Chickenwire"
Scooby Doo and other Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network characters
Simpsons references
Sonic the Hedgehog
Spam and Pepsi sodas/Dr. Pepper, cheetos
Surrealism
Time Travel

-MST3KFAN :-)
Last edited by MST3KFAN on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Don't forget to include toilets, and having the author of the game on the title screen explaining the game and reminding the player to press p to play.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

This could be interesting, but it is possible to overdo references in your game. Especially references to old things, such as FishIg. Tread very carefully.

My advice:
  1. Being original and imaginative are your priorities. If you're going to make a reference, put a spin on it.
  2. Don't forget to put lots of actual game content in-between the references. If it's nothing but references, it's going to be confusing to people who don't get them (I've never seen Beavis and Butthead), and tiring to the people who do (good comedians put pauses between their jokes).
  3. Get some people to test your game as you make it.
That said, this could be a really awesome project, and I hope that it becomes the best that it can be!

P.S. As for cliches, don't forget the destructive endgame. The area in which you play will be in shambles by the end of the game, and you may have to escape from an explosion. Kudzu, for example.
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

I like this idea. In order to make something playable, though, don't just put in clichés just because you can. If you can manage to make the cliché actually work into the plot of the game, you're doing it right.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

Quantum P. wrote:(good comedians put pauses between their jokes)
Some don't ;)
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
MST3KFAN
newcomer

Post by MST3KFAN »

I've read the replies, and I agree whole-heartedly. Indeed, what has been mentioned so far has been my intent for this idea; that the cliches would be found here or there. If anyone wants to make this game, go ahead - I'm really an idea man.

As for a story, you may also feel free to suggest original storylines. I would love to hear your suggestions; but as I said earlier, I'd like to be an idea man. If anyone is interested, they may feel free to use the ideas in this forum as a basis for making the game. With that, I bid a friendly farewell.

-MST3KFAN ;-)
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

:cretin:
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*