Evilstania launched!

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

gsamsa
newcomer

Evilstania launched!

Post by gsamsa »

Much to my own surprise, I've actually completed a ZZT game!

"Evilstania" is the title; I'd describe it as a "Nintendo Hard" dungeon-crawl A/RPG with Survival Horror elements and goofy sensibilities. It's in the uploads folder now; check it out, and lemme know what you think!

Edit: screens added!

Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Evilstania launched!

Post by Commodore »

Really cool so far. Nice difficulty curve too. All the little extra touches like the advice/gem and the upgrades you can get add some depth. I like the graphics, and there seems to be a lot of game here. The extras disc is good touch, and I really enjoyed the opening story and info screens. I only just gave it about 30 minutes before I have to go to work, but I made a save I'll be returning to.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I have gotten to the ogre boss. The resources need to be tightly managed, but it seems like there is just enough to get by. I'm not sure if I'm wasting too much ammo, but only have the first health upgrade and the free inn upgrade at this point. The floating eyes can definitely waste your ammo, but they are a cool enemy.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
gsamsa
newcomer

Post by gsamsa »

Glad you're having fun with it!

Ideally you'd never miss, but that's not really attainable. Honestly, you'll know that you've wasted too much ammo if you reach a point where the game feels impossibly difficult. And I'll warn you: the late-game is pretty vicious. >:D
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

The Enterprising Minion is genuinely helpful, and his comments about the bosses were fun.

Lots of clever enemies, which I really liked. I haven't beaten him yet, but I just want to say that Baron von Dread is the best ZZT boss I have seen in a long time.
bitbot
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by bitbot »

Congrats on a fine release!

:keen:
gsamsa
newcomer

Post by gsamsa »

bitbot wrote:Congrats on a fine release!
Thanks!