Project Collab...

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I picked it up to work on it and found it had an ending! I was going to add to it but forgot. I did fix some bugs though.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

Nice! I took a couple of 'em out as well, but I wanted to wait for your version to upload a new file. Anyway, good work!

If you want to change anything about the ending, feel free to do so. I just made it to round things off. It leaves some space in the final scenes for other contributions, without ending up with an eternally unfinished game.

ps: there's one thing I'd like to change to one of my boards (sctrrr water cycle), not a bug per se. Could you wait with uploading it to Z2 before it's fixed?
My waste is my weapon.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I remember what changes I made. you can upload your version, then i'll twiddle with that ending.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

My waste is my weapon.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

YESSS!
Fuck you, Archie! The Dream Will Not Die!
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

In the version RobertP uploaded, there are a couple of bugs where it's possible to get stuck. It's possible to mess up the metalworkers in the castle so that they don't respond, and when you touch the metal grate in the prison cell floor, it #locks and you can't unlock it.
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

http://rapidshare.com/files/314421118/0000000Q.ZZT.html

I'm not satisfied with the Zanger Wesley/puzzle part (the boards void - puzzle). I think it may be too difficult and chaotic. Any thoughts?
My waste is my weapon.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I liked it. I thought it was pretty great. It is hard, but solvable. It reminded me of something from the Dr. Brain games.

I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to get to the last board. I'm just stuck wandering around the computer area.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

Thanks. =) I'll leave it where it is, then.

The solution to the last puzzle isn´t very obvious: you rob Zanger Wesley and get the Kazoo. You give the Kazoo to Johnny Salmonella, who gets in trouble with the law. You shoot the officer and take his carkeys. Before you can escape by driving off with the cop car, stick the floppy in the fountain and put it in the floppy drive of the computer. The security system will crash.
My waste is my weapon.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

The Zanger Wesley puzzle is good. It's not too difficult once you know what everything does; then it's just a matter of working backwards from the spades. By the way, spades look like Image, and clubs look like Image -- is the swap in the puzzle intentional?

The solution to the last puzzle could use a bit more details in places. For example, using the floppy disk causes stuff to flash, but then the computer behaves exactly as before. Did it do anything? I, as the player, don't know. Also, if you don't rob Wesley before you solve his puzzle, you can get stuck.

Also, I think we might be bumping up against the flag limit in places, because somehow I managed to lose the floppy disk. I looked at the code, and I didn't see any typos. There are a bunch of uncleared flags left from previous puzzles.

I might make a few cosmetic changes this afternoon (nothing major), and maybe I'll hunt down uncleared flags as well.
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

No, that's just clumsiness.

http://www.easy-share.com/1908664356/0000000R.ZZT

I fixed the Wesley bug (it's now as it was intended). I added a bit more talk. Thanks for the feedback, I think it has improved.
My waste is my weapon.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I'm working on a minor graphical enhancement to the first board I did, and a new board near it. (my idea, the ladder from the prison room does not lead to the first board but instead a board to the east of the red room) and I have a bit to tack on the end.

The only bug I found was that you can get through the grate in the prison from the bottom even if you don't have the bolt cutters.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

http://zzt.org/quantum/temp/0000000S.zip

@Commodore: Your changes are confined to just a few boards, right? Merging your changes with mine will probably be easiest if you take my world and insert your boards, since I changed a bunch of small things throughout the world. Don't worry too much about overwriting my changes -- most of them are small, and I can always go back and redo them.

Stuff I changed:
* Green monster in the ducts (nose now disappears when killed)
* Paintings in castle (they now disappear cleanly when you take them)
* Sliding door on board with bolt cutters (fixed #play statement)
* Passage from prison to nifty ninja escape engine (player now cannot go through it again after clipping bolts)
* Tunnel entrance (it's now more visible; entrance now caves in after you enter)
* Falling from the boss tower (fixed minor graphic glitch; improved shutter on tunnel board to prevent the player from re-entering the tunnels when they should just press the down arrow to teleport)
* Computer (organization of text; inserting floppy was broken; it's now more clear that the floppy did something permanent)
* Fountain near end of game (touching it no longer stops the animation)
* Police car (fixed graphical glitch; reenabled the defense system triggered by the alarm; beefed up the defense system triggered by the alarm; deleted a bunch of empties that had stats)
* #cleared a bunch of flags which weren't being cleared
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

that's fine. good work quantum sorting out that stuff

though I kind of liked how the nose stayed around :D
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Feel free to change the nose back! I was actually somewhat hesitant to change it, because it could have easily been intentional.