Zombie Attack

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Zombie Attack

Post by rawgameskill »

I am currently working on Raw Games Inc's debut game, Zombie Attack.
Let the simple name fool you if you must, but I kind of like how it's coming along.
A raw game is coming
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

i look forward to this raw game
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

Simple names are the best. Go Zombie Attack!
My waste is my weapon.
rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Post by rawgameskill »

Maybe I was wrong. Simple would actually describe the game well. Or at least in terms of game play.
It was inspired by the game Nazi Zombies.

The entire game goes basically like this:

*Zombies come at you from all sides.
*Kill them by any means necessary before they kill you.
*Kill enough, and you will advance to the next level, which will look nearly identical, but will be slightly more difficult in one way or another.
*Survive for as many levels as humanly possible.

So as I said, playing is very simple. What's more complicated is the programming that keeps it running smoothly and intensely.
A raw game is coming
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

don't use tigers, or lions, or bears, or centipedes, or slimes. ruffians are ok.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Post by rawgameskill »

Haha, don't worry. The zombies are objects. (A raw game rarely uses pre-programed enemies)
I might get a screen-shot here soon.
A raw game is coming
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

Sounds pretty hot! I'll love to see it, especially if it's gonna be anything like <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDg2YQQWE7Y">this</a>.
Ceri JC
MMMM baby

Post by Ceri JC »

Sounds good. Just out and out shooting can get a bit boring, so I hope there are environment kills like a furnace, bench drill, car crusher etc.; lure the bad guys into the kill zone then run out and hit the button.
rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Post by rawgameskill »

Here is the screenshot.* (Sorry about the picture quality)
Ceri JC wrote:Sounds good. Just out and out shooting can get a bit boring, so I hope there are environment kills like a furnace, bench drill, car crusher etc.; lure the bad guys into the kill zone then run out and hit the button.
Don't have any of those things. But as you can see, you can alternate between a regular gun, bomb, or barrier (white breakable) at any time throughout the game. Ammo accounts for all of those. (Bombing zombies has a different result from shooting zombies)
Using the barriers, you can build a fence, place bombs around it, and herd group of zombies into it, then blow them all to Davy Jone's locker.
Also, you get a gem for every zombie you kill, so you can keep track of your kills. (You get one point for every level you complete, so being a nub and sitting around on the first level racking up kills isn't that productive.)

*I hope to have 25 Levels. The one in the picture being level 4 is going to be pretty mild compared to later levels.
A raw game is coming
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Doing this arcade style makes it actually look like it may be pretty fun.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

looks good

suggestions: pushable exploding barrels & exploding cars. some fakes and starting outlines to make it look like a street, or a house.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Post by rawgameskill »

Thanks, guys.

And thanks for the suggestions, and I've been experimenting with a few things, but I'd rather stay away from too many gimmicks. I am purposefully keeping most instructions out of the game (A read-me/strategy guide* will be written) and has no plot-line at all.

Maybe it's because I haven't been spoiled by fancy pants zombie games like Left4Dead or whatever, (I never actually played Nazi Zombie, just watched my friends play it for a while... it doesn't take much to give me inspiration) but it just doesn't feel as fun as before with a bunch of bug-ridden grenades and such. It already annoys me, to some extent, having to type "+w" to switch between the basic weapons.
I might keep something simple, though like the barrels.

*Yes, it does actually require some amount of strategy to survive the later levels.
A raw game is coming
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

maybe you could have a weapons box you touch to switch weapons.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
RobertP
gore Arnold

Post by RobertP »

That looks good, keep it up raw dude.

Is raw games a team or a solo operation?
My waste is my weapon.
rawgameskill
Killed by raw games

Post by rawgameskill »

Commodore, I did as you suggested, but decided to give the option of keeping them in the box, or carrying it with you (going back to the original weapon selection.) That way, whoever plays it can choose between being annoyed by having to type it, or being annoyed by having to go back to the box.
Gosh, I'm and irritable fellow...
RobertP wrote:Is raw games a team or a solo operation?
If you're asking is there more than one person working on my games, then no, it's just little ol' me, (who prefers to remain anonymous) working on games in my free time.

And in case anyone would like to accuse me of plagiarism, I got "raw" from one of my favorite bands, Showbread. They're catchphrase is "raw rock kills."
I parodied them.
A raw game is coming