The Apology

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Archangel
Don Juan

The Apology

Post by Archangel »

Hello everyone. My ZZT game is called the APOLOGY... and is about about a hoodlum who was shot by police after he shot the chief of police's daughter. He winds up in hell with a twist, he has to spend every night in his old body. Luckily he manages to escape the grave with the help of some unfortunate graverobbers. You decide to go and apologize to the family and restore your name as the greatest villian ever. Only one problem... YOUR A ZOMBIE!!!

Now you must use whats left of your conscious to fulfill your destiny as you dodge bullets and hysterical priest in this epic Action zzt game, that will probably take a decade to complete.
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

If you're a zombie, is it really necessary to dodge bullets? (I mean, considering most people aim for the torso instead of the head.)
Archangel
Don Juan

Post by Archangel »

Why yes, actually it is. Bullets tear through flesh. Therefore it makes it dangerous to get shot consecutive times.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Actually, that fits pretty well with ZZT (and a lot of other games where you shoot stuff, too) in that you can get shot 10 times and most of the enemies can't take more than a couple of bullets.
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i remember people used to yell at me for trying to equalise the player/enemy strength difference, for making the player too weak against enemies that were too strong (examples: lebensraum's 100 health maximum and five-hit enemies, psyche's enemy swarms and scarce heals)

well EXCUSE ME idiots, i'm sorry you SUCK at playing games, god
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Archangel
Don Juan

Post by Archangel »

Thankyou, I've been working very hard on this.
It's very horrible and doesn't have a good storyline.
But I like it, and will finish it.

You actually have 1000 Health, but can't heal... So you get what your given. Zombies don't heal naturally.

Theirs worst things then bullets... Flamethrowers (stars)
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

I suggest you play Syndromes and Crime if you think stars are a good idea. (They're not!)
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Zenith Nadir wrote:i remember people used to yell at me for trying to equalise the player/enemy strength difference, for making the player too weak against enemies that were too strong (examples: lebensraum's 100 health maximum and five-hit enemies, psyche's enemy swarms and scarce heals)

well EXCUSE ME idiots, i'm sorry you SUCK at playing games, god
I don't care about that but fuck you and your dark rooms with anti -dark objects. :drussrox:
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

it is important to stress again the importance of playing zzt syndromes. normally I am a staunch defender of stars. however unless there is some balance, it can get out of hand. Although I do see the point. You'll really have to have plenty of opportunities to hurt the player if you're going to give them 1000 health to play with. I'd suggest for flamethrower guys, after shooting a bunch of stars have them wait then #change star empty
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Archangel
Don Juan

Post by Archangel »

Ok... I'll pay syndromes. And start over...
again...

I KNOW I CALL IT ZOMBIES TWO! THE RESSURRECTION!
Nothats lame ass and stupide. Same name, same story. Just start from scratch...
ajc
Kill the stick men

Post by ajc »

Theirs worst things then bullets... Flamethrowers (stars)
Yeah I caution you about using stars. I wouldn't say they can never be used, but I know I could never figure out how to use them.
Currently working on: ZZTV 11.2 Channel Escape from the Burning Building - ON HOLD
Currently Playing: Burger Joint
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Stars can be cool if there are breakables around and you have to lead the stars into them to make them destroy each other. Changing them to empties is, of course, the other means by which programmers can make stars easier to deal with. I have found that the problem with stars is that they stick around forever and there is no point in evading them because eventually you will be hit.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]