What aren't you working on anymore?

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Kjorteo
^o.O^

Post by Kjorteo »

That's fine, you don't have to expect me to finish it. That just means the pressure for HEY KJORTEO MAKE AOS COME OUT ALREADY will be lessened and I won't be as stressed about it, and then when I do finish it I'll be like HEY EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME GAME YOU WEREN'T COUNTING ON and you'll be like :agh:
"You're alive," said the maker, and smiled at the aardvark.

<Kjorteo> "yiff"
<gbelo> Wanna yiff.
<Kjorteo> yes
<gbelo> No no no.
Scribbit
is keeping the new avatar, thanks.

Post by Scribbit »

Dos: I like how it's coming so far! The grate puzzle was the hardest so far, but I like it!

About the rejected scenarios from earlier, I know that some of those were one-liners, but a few of those could keep the game from getting too frustrating at once. Maybe one board is a timing puzzle where, say, the flag-setting one and the shooting one interact?

The "cheating on the quiz" one would just be a little joke and have very little to do with the plot, I just think it'd be cool to break one of those things because they bug me so bad.

I think I actually played one game where an object was in charge of arranging slimes to change the color of floor tiles, I basically thought you should be able to exploit an object's unchecked #put statement to destroy a wall.

The fake wall one was from a misconception that you meant the debug menu would display the locations of objects as well as their code, if it did this you could use it to find invisible objects. If not, a puzzle could be that to pull off one of the simple one-line cheats mentioned earlier, you have to figure out which object has which code by looking at the differences in their movements.

Some additional ideas:
-an object simply needs to be sent the right message at the right time, but its code is so hackish and convoluted that it takes some poring over to get the right answer.
-nearing the climax, navigate a room full of anti-cheat blocks that appear to guard nothing whatsoever (ala the "poor man with a big dog" syndrome).
-break out of a "cinema seat" to take things from the cinema scene, but avoid messing up too much or else the objects will break and you can't get the passage to the next puzzle.
-Early on, to give a "breaking the rules" feel: an object with a misspelled command must be coaxed into moving the right way, in order to hit a switch.
-An invisible wall maze has a flashing animation that involves water, "to make the fade smoother." Analyze its timing to shoot a wall on the far side.
-A poorly-coded player-clone engine teleports you to the title screen, find a way to the board edge to escape (not actually a puzzle, just a cool idea for the "broken game" concept).

Oh, and I'm not working on Fifth Wall anymore. I might come back to it, but I can't come up with a good story and the premise is similar yet inferior to Dos' "+debug."
I'm nupanick.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

I think this thread should be stickied, and the #endgame thread should be unstickied. Because nobody uses the #endgame thread, but an "abandoned games" thread has its place.
I'm nupanick.
asiekierka
YAHOO: ALL YOUR GEOCITIES ARE BELONG TO US

Post by asiekierka »

BUN BE BUN

?+SCORE
this idea is too crappy to exist.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

Not anymore, I guess. I don't follow DigitalMZX much but I got the impression that Asiekierka was known for taking ideas that worked and adding randosity to them. Or something, I'm not sure if there's a word for that sort of dumb, humorous chaos that Asiekierka seems to thrive upon.
I'm nupanick.
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

Nupanick wrote:Or something, I'm not sure if there's a word for that sort of dumb, humorous chaos that Asiekierka seems to thrive upon.
There now is!

It's called "asiekierkism".

So i'm all asiekierkism.
You're not asiekierkism except when asked.
Kom can't do asiekierkism that good.

Also, OBBiP is going to be my asiekierkism masterpiece! YAY!
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

asiekierka wrote: You're not asiekierkism except when asked.
Not true! Sometimes I am asiekierkistic on my own, like late at night when nobody wants to play one more game of cards, I take a bunch of little figurines and make up a story about how they all fall off a cliff or something.

Or when I'm playing D&D with friends and I insist that my character is doing an autopsy on the monster because I want to know where its heart is for next time.

Or pretty much whenever I play 1KBWC. Actually, I think 1KBWC might have inherent asiekierkism.
I'm nupanick.
asiekierka

Post by asiekierka »

Haha! Possibly. 1KBWC may be asiekierkism.

I must contact the author and give him a million dollars :P

Also, i also like playing with... little figurines. As randomly as posssible.
Heh. I must make a thread for this.
Scribbit

Post by Scribbit »

I'm nupanick.
Microwave
hi

Post by Microwave »

From an RPG I was working on not too long ago. Not much more than this, aside from old ideas.
q2k2k
1 full minit uv 1 secend mesiges

Re: What aren't you working on anymore?

Post by q2k2k »

My old quake 2 ZZT is not being worked on anymore :(
But at least I made up for it with Metal Gear Solid VR ZZT :)
Dark-Star2018
Ordinery

Re: What aren't you working on anymore?

Post by Dark-Star2018 »

My fanstory based on a drastically unappreciated game, "Wrath of Earth". It broke my heart to do it but it's taking everything I have just to keep "Nos Manere" going.
Energizer - you are invincible
ZZT @narchists unite! Turn off the dark, get free money, defeat death itself!