JuR's Cluster F-'uv Gaymz

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

JuR's Cluster F-'uv Gaymz

Post by Ellypses »

I've been wanting to do this for a while, to list all my past and current projects in one spot and start moving them around, or doing some eliminations on some of them. The problem maybe two folds;I'm unorganized, and doing one too many at once. So I'm making a post of all the games I've got going and descriptions, and may provide screenshots over time. The object is to get what I can do at the games' current state and actually releasing them, moving them to seasons package and suchery. Well, enough bullshattage, let's drop those names.

N'Deep Series (move to season pack)

Right before I actually came to the community, I plan to dedicate in doing SZZT games. Because then, it was more fun than to play zzt. That's until a year later, szzt was too troublesome to work with. Small windows to program, a lot fewer objects that you can have on board, incapability to make compound movement commands, that junk. So I pretty much stuck with the original zzt when I gotten more stuff done with it then the other.

N'Deep is a cool game based on my first game I made for SZZT, Demon World. What it is is a series of episodes/files that's like a cross between Doom and Diablo (those games that we, me and my other friend, deviously installed in the schools computer, and I based it on the two). The game is simply a shooter at first, as I plan to do, then I'll include relics that acts as spells. I was a fan of see other zzters improve overtime as they make their games, so I made this series for just that.

Now, N'Deep idea seems dated now, and sometimes it only reminds me of hellgate london, but I can go on and start this as a stress reliever due to most of the early game design simplicity.

Problem: The game series heavily relies on the time line that things happened doing the first game, to the last. That is to say, the world, the inhabitates, structures, and events changes overtime. The first game is more doom while the last is more diablo. To break down the time line:

N'Deep - The vanguard of demons that butt-rushed the planet were only the tip of the iceberg, only consist of lessers. The humans only can use what they have to fight back like basic weaponry.

N'Too Deep - The greaters moved in to finish the rest and began making outposts on the overworld. The humans discovered, and/or found the mean to fight back, using both theirs, and their foes technology. The world itself is in ruins, while most parts are mirrors of hell's environments.

Apocalypse - The Lord of Evil, micheal, came finally to sit on the throne on the surface, and started a deadly gladiator game to find his elites. Humans evolved into different races due to earth's change. The world itself became alien and deformed, and many powerful relics are discovered. Human's last stand for survival.

BloodSex (canceled)

This game is a spin off of Pepper Bolette. It stars a bratz, name jeremy who is going on a date with this vampire bunny chick, megan. The game takes place in a theater were all kinds of unfortunate events happens, and you have to tend to those plus keep megan happy.

The game uses what I called, robby joe babble engine. Which works like a hamtaro ham speak on crack. You see, you have to communicate with people to learn new command, or words to do other stuff, while also have a set of your own. It's an inventory, puzzle game with mini-games.

Canceled: I really couldn't find a better way to use the engine within the game. I may have to find a different approach, but right now, I don't see this game moving.

Bust'n Shtuff (done)

This is a Bubble Bobble game I made back in 2003. You star as Peach, a pink pure bubble dragon, off to face her nemesis that happened to nuke her home for some damn rainbow rock, and she's highly pissed.

Bust'n Shtuff was an temperary fix because the lack of bubble bobble games that were at the time wasn't coming out. Plus a personal challenge in trying to become one of the best zzt programmers around. I saw WiL as a good programmer model and set my goal to get as good or better.

Bust'n Shtuff was so-so in my opinion, and probably would not gotten far without the help of Aplsos with the bind bug problem that I had. Plus, it was a year that I was concaving like a fallen cake and that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Done: As far as I know, this is just sitting in my HD collecting dust, and I highly wanted to start a new one. Demolicious is my first attempt at engine base game and I see a lot of things that's needs improvement. But also, I wanted to start a game maker version of Bust'n Shtuff.
ImageImage

Yoshi Hoskins (hold for later)

Yoshi Hoskins started out as one of those comedy games as was inspired by the WiReD journalist *nudge* *nudge*. Til later, the game became serious as a fsk'n heart attack. As most of the game have it's share of graphics, and game engines, the strength was put into the story which spans three chapters.

The story starts out on the coming eclipse that was to have at a later day at 7:06 pm. Yoshi starts his day finding food for breakfast, and goes to visit birdo to take on a date. His plans was cut short when Daisy, princess of Sarasaland and Dinoworld, called for an emergency mission.
When the game opens, it shows larry crying over the body of Iggy koopa, who was supposable pushed out into the road by a unruly mob, and the toadstools were within the group.
The world was preparing for the eclipse by collecting harvest to last for a couple of years due to the perpetual darkness it would cause. Larry, being pushed over the edge because of the death of his best friend and events that happened between his father, King Bowser, went out to destroy and steal most of the harvest on both the mushroom kingdom, and dinoworld. It is yoshi's job, with the companionship of toad to find and stop who ever is causing the trouble.

This game is a good example of showing a "better boss fight" then the original super mario world. In the level where yoshi fights larry on the island, you do exactly as you would on the original SMW game. But, there's a suprise. When larry gets to the very edge of the island, he would groundpound and sends the island tilting. If yoshi was on the other edge, he would fling straight off the island.
I also plan to have a smash brother type mini-game when you met up with the hammer sisters on the world map.

Problem: Starting. Many things like the map, music, cut-scenes, and most of the engine is done. Putting it together "just right" is the hard part.
ImageImage

Pest (move to season pack)

EEee! It's a old classic I've made in '96Image. It's a text version of tempest with some quirks and...shtuff. It's a mini-game that was in one of my...uhg. Samazama mag.

@uarrel (hold for later)

This is a toughy. The game stars a territorial squirrel who happens to have a pest problem of unwanted neighbors and he wants them OFF!

This game is an experimental game that I've started back at '04 that suppose to cross a pinball game with pacman, which is also in my samazama mag <s>(I was so fsk desperate thenImage)</s>. The way you control your squirrel is you move him through the maze and ram him into pinball dodads that would send Akorn, the squirrel, fly spinning through the maze. You'll use his spin attack to eliminate foes that are in the maze, and rack up points hitting acorns, kickers, and such. You pass a level if you collect the necessary points, but you can play a level til you break the score board.

The controls that are on the mag is odd because it was suppose to support two players. One use up and down, and the other left and right. The normal controls for one player is correspondent to the direction you press, which I have not the damnest idea why I didn't include it.

Problem: Object controlling. You want the enemies that waltz around the maze to not be able to touch the pinball parts but akorn only. Getting an object to recognize boundaries and other object is hella complicated.

Alien (discontinued)

A SZZT horror/puzzle/shooter

Robbie Joe (move it home)

This is about a mouse on a coffee bender, hence the last name. Robbie is a scapegoat and alway into trouble because people like to use him for everything. Robbie, on a quest of finding peace and getting away from it all, copes with depression by downing coffee. But robbie is HIGHLY SENSITIVE to coffee. Thus, robbie gains incredible hulk strenght, and speed. Plus, he tends to spout random ultra-fast japanese garbage, and thus, the robbie babble was born.

The gameplay is summed up as GTA meet hamtaro. I was REALLY HIGH ON CAFFINE!! Anyway, robbie gets used by people to do their bidding, but robbie's goal is to get rid of them somehow, by boobie trapping jobs. He has to use his babbling/commands, and the help of his friends to get the job done, while avoiding confrontation with the law.

I've first made this game on a SZZT, and it also had a functioning turn-base multiplayer mode. The game was wacky, with cathy chinno getting into trouble, ash the cat who talks like slingblade has a job in making gadgets, and clyde hobbie, the wallaby rogue.

Ohhohoh...damn, the irony is this game had hot coffee, before there was hot coffee. I forgot robbie had cathy screaming, "MOTTO MOTTO FUKAKU! IKU IKU, OH KU-!" It was wild and stupit and I showed my friend this and we had our laughs. But now it's not funny anymore, thank you fsk'n much, internet!

I got this idea when I was practically living the same scenario. Then you could just count the steps. Step one, COFFEE. Step two, play GTA2 on a psx. Step three, buy a nintendo power mag with a hamtaro strategy guide.

Unfortunately, I lost the hard drive that the game was on...

Raven Girl (moved to BloodWire Series)

A princess who became an vengeful assassin.

SorrowS (discontinued)

A Action/roguelike engine for plastic. This wasn't much for ideas. I was gonna make the engine to help doompenguin continue his dark legends. It was gonna be a surprise thing and I was gonna drop it on doomy lap. But then again, quit may means quit.

Threshold (line-up)

A N'Deep game I have no dang idea why I didn't finished. Seriously, what th' f***?

Siege

A multiplayer game I would love for y'all guys to play.Image

BW:Lost Soul I (working)

Problem: It's like putting together a fsk'n rubiks cube.

HellDiver (line-up, GM7)

A diablo-ish game for either plastic or GM7. This IS the reason why I haven't started on threshold. I somehow told myself before I work on threshold seriously, I'll start on something simular, and simpler and see what happens before I work on threshold seriously...

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!? For one, threshold wasn't a serious project in the first place. Just complicated. Now, helldiver became a full blown game of it's own.

Th' Place (discontinued)

A cat, armed with a music staff. It's like a cross between tome raider, and oddworld. You would learn and play certain music in certain boards so you can do all kinds of stuff, like change the environment, unlock doors, activate mechanisms, and hypnotize monsters.

The game was very very young and I haven't had enough experience to make that jump. Plus, this marks the research of finding innovative ways to make an exploration type game with this type of overview. Which in turn went into the BloodWire project.
Concept ScreenShot

Survival (line-up)

A game with no goals. What you call a concept game. This, THIS game. Let's say I'm glad I didn't work and finished this on the year after PB. This was on the works, but slam it to a halt for controversial reasons.

This isn't the same survival I've mentions in the mag, but the one I was working along side of PB. It's formally called Dolves and something, and it's a trippy game that's heavily focus on discovery, and interactions. The name change is perfect for this game because even without real goals, you have to survive by getting your basic needs. To describe it ruffly, it's a life-sim/strategy/trippy game. Almost virtually everything is interactive, and can do lots of stuff, plus supply resources.

The concept idea goes like, "even without goals, the player can find something to do that's considered fun, providing that you made enough possibilities."

Blood Tear (touching)

A ball, a cup, and TONS OF BLOOD! You control <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=OoUly6OoS7M">a cup that holds the ball</a>, and you bash every damn thing that's around you. Skeletons, ghouls, tomestones, hearts, zombies, if it moves, bash it. If it doesn't move, bash it anyway. You can go to board to board with the ball and cup and rack up points, but the ball must not stop or it will be vulnerable.

Problem: It's just a concept right now. The challenge is getting the ball and cup to recognize each other.

4ever (hold for later)

It's about two friends. That is how far the game goes and was planned for the season package after the first one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll get the descriptions of the other games done overtime and provide screenshots if I can. It would also be in a webspace I'm making for it also. If you think this list is long, that's only half...
Last edited by Ellypses on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 am, edited 7 times in total.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

For some reason I have a copy of BloodSex and all I remember is that it was really really weird.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

they are all weird! it's great. nice pics too.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

BloodSex
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

I'm learning from my production problem, that's a good thing. My main trouble is once I'm in the mood, or have an idea for the game, that's where my momentum starts. There can't be an interruption, or an excessive long pause doing production or I'll lose that momentum and start running cold. Then, there's where the creativity gears shifts in another direction, and the will to continue is simply is not there. It's a bad trait if home, and work is disruptive periodically at times. And another is not having all my sources when I needed, which takes up time. In the end, I have a bunch of engines, and materials, and no body and substance.

So what I might have to do is to make fresh smaller projects, and resist the bad habit of "fattening" it up... And wait. I got an r4 revolution now, so if c99-man can fix and integrate the editor in DreamZZT, I may actually get stuff done (a problem of being away from my VCR-size laptop a lot solved).

Hey, I'll bring ZminiS back. Remember, it's supposed to be a collection of small games in one file, may it be an engine game, or a small 8 board world. And those micro games would fit right in. Though, I have to reoptimize the concept for ZminiS in general, <s>and I was speaking in another language in the original thread</s>.