Fall Pack/BloodWire:Lost Soul I

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Fall Pack/BloodWire:Lost Soul I

Post by Ellypses »

Yo. I'll go ahead and talk about the season package thing. As you figure, it's a package that is gonna be released for each season. It should contain some short games I'm releasing within it, plus extra junkary. If it goes well with the first one, I'll see to it that it will continue for each season. It's a little something to do for me so, mmm...somethin.

But also, for the reason I've post, I've started a series called BLOODWIRE, which replaces (but not totally) a plan for feature Pepper Bolette games. PB itself is just gonna come out as sequel when I get around it. It's stories, and background is laid out in it own notebook I've made, but hardly touched though, so not much is in or added to the world of PB except the plot for it's feature games. Bloodwire though, I've worked extensively for some time now and developing a whole lot of it's content; the world's structure, the races, the unique gameplay. It's almost it's own damn d&d campaign apparently. I'm at a point in taking all the notes I've taking and compile it, pretty soon it will be in one of my websites' game section. That website I'm also working on for it's not completely up yet.

A little about Pepper Bolette...

Excluding it's oragen, which started off as a joke about the "peppery tasting" poisonous mushroom. The series idea is basically gonna be something like "follow the leader", and I was following one of the games' inspirations, Zelda. What Zelda do to it previous game, like the "Oracles", I'm gonna do the same, like Doubledose, which is one game plan I've never got around too. Which is pretty bad, because it is needed for the previous Pepper Bolette game serves as just an introductory of it's world and gameplay.

The BLOOD runs...

The fall package will have one of MANY MANY Bloodwire episodes. Yes, episodes. The game will have most of bloodwire's gameplay I've manage to put into ZZT. The original plan for bloodwire is that it's straight-up asni. But I'm debating on the side of wanting it abstract, and symbolic. Hoping to keep the asni feel within it. Also I've want to point out that I've studies, and worked on the possibilities on explorations on overview games for bloodwire for quite some while. It's one of it's key gameplay, along with heavy amount of puzzle elements.

Sorry,...I got to stop, my eye's are going. Be back later if possible.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

learn english
Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »

sounds like a lot to release before fall ends. i hope you get these done!
r
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

personally i agree with both of the above messages
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

I hope so, aplsos. I'm also running through my old projects and start doing some eliminations. Lighting up my load of crap I obviously won't get to. So I may have some abandon projects within them along side some fresh ones. But damn, it will intervene with a bigger project I'm hope to start at the first of the year if I can effectively get the help and sources that I need in time.

I do, in the other hand, need help on working on this bloodwire game because it is the only large game that will be in the package.

The Story of BW:Lost Soul

Onix, the murr* hunter, appeared in a cursed city with no idea how he got there. Here, he will later discover that his soul is bound to the city until he finds a way to free himself from the cavern's curse.
Lost soul is a maze-like world that's heavily relies on replaying the game, with each replay giving clues for getting deeper, and farther than you have before. You will use items, relics, spells, tomes, anything at your disposal to save your vary soul from becoming one of the cities' permanent occupations. Be warned, the city of lost souls constantly changes to keep it's victims from escaping.
The key to beating the game is to traverse in the labyrinth as long as possible before reaching the "end". This will ensure that you'll get enough equipment, and clues to be effective in you runs.
Your actions will have an effect on the dungeon's structure, and is the key in beating the game. The later your runs, and puzzles solved, the harder the labyrinth evolves.

Due to the games' structure and heavy amount of wildass coding, there's a possibility for errors. So I'll need some beta testers to help me test them...

...and a damn grammar checker, muhfuh.

* murrs are colourful amphibious humanoid creatures.