back from the grave

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

man, why do i keep reading this thread despite not giving anything close to a shit about anything that's written in it?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

i think it's because the title implies that it's something other than a zzt game thread.
he looked upon the world and saw it was still depraved :fvkk:

Overall: Rotton egg for breakfast
Mister Lad
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by Mister Lad »

Rise from your grave......
Mister Lad!!!!
<i>Who weares short shorts?
MISTER LAD THATS WHO!</i>
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

welcome to your doom, mister lad

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

So how is this coming along? I'm looking forward to it.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

still working on it. I guess it's going ok. It won't come out for a while, sorry

I wanted to release it all at once, but maybe I could release the files one at a time. I have one file that is four fifths done, but I want to finish more of the other parts so that I can properly connect them together.

I'm also scared to death that it's bad like Final Fantasy ZZT. I'll bug Commodore at some point with a beta and ask him what he thinks, since he offered to betatest.

Also Ando, are you going to hold a 24hoz contest sometime?
Zenith Nadir
this is my hammer

Post by Zenith Nadir »

trust me, you'd have to make a real effort to be as bad as final fantasy zzt

don't worry about it too much

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Tuxedo Fagmuffin wrote:Also Ando, are you going to hold a 24hoz contest sometime?
Yeah I was thinking about doing it at the end of the month; I've already got topics in mind. The main problem is though is that I can't announce it in #i-c because I get banned there for no good reason at all. Well maybe I can do it in #rawr, who knows. That channel isn't really alive, but it still exists so that's enough.
phunk
captain champion

Post by phunk »

what the hell happened to this thread

i want to see more gingermuffins screenshots
we're not bad people, we're not dirty, we're not mean, we love everybody, but we do as we please
Surlent
Oh man not him again

Post by Surlent »

Are you talking about Fish's FFZZT, or Chase's (That was Chase, right? Not Drelick or something?)? Aside from not being finished, I liked that one. The animated art boards were pretty neat. What was it that everyone hate(s, ed) about it?
JESUS CHRIST- You start the New Testament
with this Jesus. He is so superpowered and awesome, you feel converted. You place your hope in this Jesus.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

I don't want to pick on people, but in Bramlage's games in particular I see problems that I want to avoid in my own project.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

the battle engine sucked, it was a nice try, but ultimately was a pile of crap.

Also I'm told the story was shamelessly ripped off, but that's not too big of an offense for me when it comes to ZZT.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

Hi.

I will try to get this game done by Christmas. I've paired it down to 2 files.

I must be careful, my balls may already be in crisis.
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

still working on it. changed from big, dumb, boring adventure to being centralised around one location -- it was the most important section anyways. presently 2 files, 200 and 100 kB. the scrapped files are really embarrassing to look at now. i don't think i'm necessarily improving but hopefully i'm on the right track with it this time. (yes it will be done on time)
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

oh shit this

it's about 2/3 done, but i haven't really playtested any of it, the end section fell apart when i changed something, hehehehhhasdgdsafhkjl

anyways

in august and september i was playing through the zgames archive (starting with the smallest files) and taking screenshots. i forget how many i have at the moment, at least 1000. i have to process the images through a few programs because screen thief's BMP files won't open on my preferred editing program. (saved as PNG) when i'm finished taking screenshots, i might set up a website for it or upload the images to an online photo album (if they'll fit) or just hand out a zip file. i originally considered keeping the blue sidebar, but I think I'll remove it. i also have not been recording sources, but hopefully nobody will care!

i haven't touched the screenshot thing in months, but i'll probably get back to that after this project is finished.