a little something

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

HERE ARE SCREENS AND BONUS SCREENS FROM NEW ADVENTURE!

*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

That looks great --he's even got eyes :O

That's also cool what you did in SZZT. The editor drives me up the wall so I can never do anything with it.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

the szzt editor is pretty bad. The biggest problem I ran into is that the dialouge box is smaller so lines of code are shorter, meaning a line like:

#change red invisible white normal

doesn't fit. As a result the advancing animation for the crawl engine had to be cut.

As soon as I figured out that f7 inserted any text char with the hex code I was a lot happier let me tell you. I thought I my idea was fucked before I found that out.

Zlutima should feature a tactical battle system ala Ultima 3-5.

Also only 3 boards left for this one, still... pushing 229k. It's going to be close.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

The second screenshot you posted came out really nice.
Ellypses
Whaf yew vauhnt?

Post by Ellypses »

It's awesome to see someone using SZZT thang. I'm suprised that you got nearly 250k done. Didn't have to much trouble with the damned 20 kilo limit have ya?

My only pet peeve about the spiffy 3-D part of the Zultima booger ya got there is that you could put the player by itself on the screen just to center the szzt view port and have the controls of moving around away from the screen...or better just make them invisible (if you've seen the ugly 3-D thing on the SZZT Encyclopedia, that what came to mind). So really I don't know that is attended to show the directions you can use.

Rock on, dawg.

Edit: Nice giant green teletubby.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

The biggest battle engine is 11k but on average it's 9-10k a battle board. The biggest board is the world map at 14k (thanks to a single object that consumes 5k, a town that's a menu.)

Also I'm not sure what you're saying about the player. The little man is the edited player char but i'm guessing you knew that. You're concerned with the view moving? Or where the player is actually placed on the board?

I only converted enough of the engine to make sure it worked, so I haven't added any passages for leaving the dungeon or entering battle. I think I'm going to use the dupe/teleport trick for this one to make it look a little more clean.

I've worked on Zultima's font more, added a town and castle sprites, and also turned the line walls into water so it looks like it's wraping around the land which is a cool effect. It makes the text boxes look funny, but I don't really care. (you should see how screwy szzt's title screen looks with the font.)

Also in Solarwar all but two boards are done. (non-engine boards, credits/end and a small other location i've been putting off) Now it's mostly about connecting everything properly and play testing for balance with experience and money and how strong the monsters are.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

all the boards are done! I'm pretty sure they all connect correctly. All that remains is some engine tweaks, testing and (HOPEFULLY) the addition of some music.

I might leave a bug in the battle engine because I can figure out how to eliminate it. Occasionally when you tell your first guy to attack both of your charcters use the one turn then it becomes your enemy's turn, meaning you can't cast a spell(second character's ability). This but seems to resolve itself on it's own since the board resets after a battle. I think it comes down to the timing of #zapping a flag but I can't squish it.

Short version of post: Anyone for testing?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
gingermuffins

Post by gingermuffins »

congratulations on finishing it :keen:

i offer to test. (screenname)@yahoo.ca
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Commodore wrote:Short version of post: Anyone for testing?
By testing I get my name in credits so when people are like "Commodore sure made an awesome game" I can be like "AND HE COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ME"
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Oh god awesome. The graphics remind me so much of the old "Phantasie" games on C64.

EDIT: Also, you can have lines that long in SuperZZT. You can use the ZAP editor to make the lines as long as you'd like - the window's width only shows you how wide the regular window is but it does wrap. The only thing that's going to happen is the lines are going to look really messed up when looking through them using the Super ZZT editor. (Not to over-advertise the hell out of my editor like Jotz does BANG) Proof: http://saxxonpike.googlepages.com/changets.zip

I'll advise you to make backups of your world before attempting anything with my editor - something this awesome shouldn't have to be ruined by something I may have overlooked.

Also, I'll test :D
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

well the szzt game is not the one that's finished, however Zultima is why I've suppported szzt integration into ZAP.

this is the beginning of my weekend so I have some free time and hopefully i'll get a servicable version into some testers hands.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Surlent
Oh man not him again

Post by Surlent »

Argh I'm too late apparently. At least I was able to help with that music stuff.
If you still need a tester now or later, I can try (although the usual BS of me only being able to get online every week or two can get in the way. I need the internet). I hope DOSBox or something can emulate the music or I'll have to plug in my old computer with the 4GB hard drive just for ZZT. Which I am willing to do, by the way. I might also need it just so I can run Jetpack. Bloody thing locks up on me in XP for NO REASON. Anyway time to find DOSBox.
JESUS CHRIST- You start the New Testament
with this Jesus. He is so superpowered and awesome, you feel converted. You place your hope in this Jesus.
phunk
captain champion

Post by phunk »

i would like to test

let me test
we're not bad people, we're not dirty, we're not mean, we love everybody, but we do as we please
Seventh Shade
secret sauce

Post by Seventh Shade »

Saxxon wrote:Not to over-advertise the hell out of my editor like Jotz does BANG
It's not that Jotz over-advertises. It's that BANG sucks.
Saxxon
the Gargoyle.

Post by Saxxon »

Seventh Shade wrote:
Saxxon wrote:Not to over-advertise the hell out of my editor like Jotz does BANG
It's not that Jotz over-advertises. It's that BANG sucks.
Yeah, but I'm not trying to tell people why they need it. Oh well, it's a good source of hilarity at any rate.

This project is looking amazing from the screenshots. How many boards have you used on the Super ZZT project?