Space Guys: The Game

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Zippy
POKEYMAN?!

Space Guys: The Game

Post by Zippy »

Yes, my first project is based off of a comic my brother makes, called "Space Juys[sic]". I decided, "hey, why not create a ZZT game starring them?" I was oh so wrong.

The Story:

It is the year 2025, and a new planet has been discovered--the planet "Traxxion IV". Two men have been assigned to explore this planet; the brave leader Commander Steve, and the incompetent lackey Lieutenant Joel. Those two men, and the spaceship driver Jack, are on their first mission outside our home galaxy!
However, something terrible happens just as they find Traxxion IV; their space shuttle is shot down by some Traxxian fighter planes, and the ship plummets to the planet's surface. The ship lands with a crash, and the three men are sent flying into the distance.
Lieutenant Joel wakes up, surrounded by Traxxian soldiers. He gets up and pulls out his blaster.
"Who are you?" Joel shouts as he aims his blaster at a soldier's head.
"Yark dorak slikk nakkh," one of the soldiers says as he pushes the barrel of his gun up against Joel's back.
"Speak English!" Joel yells as his finger starts to pull back the trigger.
"Ahem... We are the Traxxian soldiers," says a soldier, "and we have been ordered to arrest you for trespassing."
"We do not allow outsiders," says another soldier. "It is forbidden by the ki-" Suddenly, the soldier drops down, dead. Purple blood is on the ground, and a bunch of Traxxian Resistance Fighters pop out of the background and attack. Joel runs for cover, and in a matter of seconds, all the soldiers are dead. The Resistance walks over to Joel, who pulls out his blaster again.
"What do you want?" Joel yells, shaky and scared.
"We do not wish to harm you," says the head of the Resistance. " In fact, we wish to help you. We are the Resistance, a group of Traxxians who wish to overthrow our king. We saved you from the Royal Troops, and we-"
"Wait, wait, wait. Hold up," says Joel, putting away his blaster. "I'm not here to kill your leader! I'm just here to explore!"
"We know," says the leader. "We just saw your captain being hauled away by the Royal Guard while exploring."
"You mean Steve's been kidnapped?" Joel says, shocked.
"Yes, it appears so," says the leader. "However, if you help us, we can assure your leader's safety."
"Thanks... but what about Jack, the driver?" asks Joel.
"Oh, do not fret. We have him guarded while he tries to fix the ship. If any troops come, we can take care of them," says the leader. Joel sighs with relief.
"So," says Joel, "where is the king's castle?"
"To the north," says the leader, "but mind you, there are many trials."
"I think I can handle them," says Joel, as he runs into the distance, the Resistance watching him.
And so begins the saga of Joel as he searches through the planet Traxxion IV for his kidnapped commander.

Wow, that was long. If you read all of that, I'd be surprised.
Purple Platypus Games - "We make games!"

Current Projects:

SPACE GUYS
Coming: 2008, tops
Space is no longer safe when Joel and Steve, two of the finest astronauts around, go on a weird adventure through space.
Quindo
dark wraith for light

Post by Quindo »

sounds cool...
This is a easy game...

<a href="http://www.fallensword.com/?ref=394941">FallenSword RPG - Play online now free!</a>
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

ZZTers are used to reading long stuff. At least, the good ones are. Besides, it's not like it was as long as this thread.

Expand on the plot a little more, add good gameplay, and you'd have a good game.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Re: Space Guys: The Game

Post by Commodore »

Zippy wrote:"To the north," says the leader, "but mind you, there are many trials."
there better not be any tigers on those trails.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ryan Ferneau
LOOK OUT FER BAAAD BOB

Post by Ryan Ferneau »

Here There Be Tygers

and Here Be Dragons
ZZT Guy
enjoys muffins

Post by ZZT Guy »

And here be the land of retards
Zippy
POKEYMAN?!

Post by Zippy »

Just a note: this game is not supposed to be that serious. I just made the story seem serious by accident. Just understand this when I upload the beta, which may be in a month or so. Also, expect SOME German in there. I don't know why.
Purple Platypus Games - "We make games!"

Current Projects:

SPACE GUYS
Coming: 2008, tops
Space is no longer safe when Joel and Steve, two of the finest astronauts around, go on a weird adventure through space.
Micr0wave
aaaaa

Post by Micr0wave »

Interesting. I support you and your game making ways.
Mister Lad
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by Mister Lad »

there better be some space babes to go with those guys, if you know what i mean
:freud:
Mister Lad!!!!
<i>Who weares short shorts?
MISTER LAD THATS WHO!</i>
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

What is it with new people and thread necromancy
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

One month isn't anything to whine about.
Fungahhh
Resource id #38

Post by Fungahhh »

This thread is going in the awesome forum when it's done with
fungahhh
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

In this forum at least, you only have to go down about 10 threads before you hit the ones that are a month old.