Terrorist Tower (I reeeeeeally hope I don't get sidetracked)

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

thematrixeatsyou
‮Ouch.

Terrorist Tower (I reeeeeeally hope I don't get sidetracked)

Post by thematrixeatsyou »

Hey, I'm working on a game (yes, I would probably say this many times). If I can get this sorted out then it'll be my first ZZT released.

Basically, you are sent to the Terrorist Tower to assassinate the leader. There will be lots of shooting and enough ammo/health to get you through if you're good enough, don't you worry.

NOTE: The finished version should be in proper colour.
AKA GreaseMonkey. This is my old nick.
Unless someone sneakily changes it while I'm not looking.
Oh well.

Playing around with timing hacks.
Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

I thought you were leaving forever
Schroedingers Cat
We must invent teleportation!

Post by Schroedingers Cat »

WHATEVER you do, Hungry Matrix, make sure this game doesn't suck. Many of the shooter games I've seen in the past have been completely retarded, between the overabudance of health and ammo, and the piles of pre-fab enemies. If you make a shooter, make sure it's more like Draco's Insanity, or Draco/Nadir's On the Wire, instead of Evan Darrow's Alien. It seems to me that shooter games are of the genre most likely to fail, so don't fuck up. A lot is riding on this game, and not just your reputation. :tie:

Also, don't make a trippy game, either. I've yet to see a trippy game made by a noob that didn't suck.
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

That's because new people don't use drugs.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
Schroedingers Cat

That actually explains a lot.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

plug: schrodinger should play my game for a shooter that doesn't suck.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Schroedingers Cat

You're right, it doesn't suck. But I didn't remember it until after I clicked the "post reply" button, and I was too lazy to edit the post. That, and I sort of forgot the name.
thematrixeatsyou
‮Ouch.

Thanks for the comments so far, I've taken in your info, and the only drugs I'll ever take are caffeine and alcohol(just one drink should do). I'll keep you updated; there's a screenie in my sig (anyone who still uses 640x480 will have problems but should get out of the stone age) which shows what floor I've just finished.

The AI is going to be progressively better, and there's a lot of stuff to duck behind: there will be more.

I've been doing ZZT for ages and this is pretty much all I'm able to finish.

:adomisfreewareyoudontneedacrackorserialnumbertopl

EDIT: Good point with Alien. That redefines crap. This uses proper objects, and multiple paths.
Oh well.

Stak
Watching you post

Post by Stak »

Or maybe you could get that huge-ass image out of your sig

That could work
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Yeah that sig is a little annoying. Good work so far, though. It doesn't look bad.
thematrixeatsyou
‮Ouch.

Uh, yeah, I'll post it here instead of making VGA-rites go mental.
Oh well.

Schroedingers Cat

@Hungry Matrix: I say this purely as constructive criticism, with no intent to offend. You may choose to diregard this post. I am merely expressing my opinion:

The game looks good, but I think you really should work on your naming conventions. The ZZT community already persecuted you for your user name, so I won't gripe about that (though I refuse to refer to anybody as a phrase. I only use nouns.) I am talking about the title of your game, "Terrorist Tower." The title is too incredibly... cheesy. Perhaps you should consider something else, like "Tower of Terror," (still cheesy, but less so) or consider using different words that have the same or similar meaning:

Synonyms for tower: belfry, castle, citadel, cloud buster, column, fort, fortification, fortress, high rise, keep, lookout, mast, minaret, monolith, obelisk, pillar, refuge, skyscraper, spire, steeple, stronghold, turret.

Synonyms for terror: alarm, anxiety, awe, consternation, dismay, dread, fearfulness, fright, horror, intimidation, panic, shock, trepidation, trepidity.

Synonyms for terrorist: agitator, insurgent, insurrectionist, malcontent, mutineer, nihilist, rebel, revolter, revolutionary.

Synonyms for enemy: adversary, agent, antagonist, archenemy, asperser, assailant, assassin, attacker, backbiter, bad guy, bandit, betrayer, calumniator, competitor, contender, criminal, crip, defamer, defiler, detractor, disputant, emulator, falsifier, fifth column, foe, guerrilla, informer, inquisitor, invader, meat, murderer, opponent, opposition, other side, prosecutor, rebel, revolutionary, rival, saboteur, seditionist, slanderer, spy, terrorist, traducer, traitor, vilifier, villain.

If you really want to, you could be like Tyrannous and use some of the bigger words, like "The Citadel of the Calumniating Insurrectionists," or something of the sort.

Just a suggestion.

:keen:
Last edited by Schroedingers Cat on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zandor 12
What has science done???

Post by Zandor 12 »

The best way to take down a tower full of terrorists would be to fly a plane into it. But this looks cool too.
Schroedingers Cat

Zandor 12 wrote:The best way to take down a tower full of terrorists would be to fly a nuke into it. But this looks cool too.
Fixed.

Also, post count +1!
thematrixeatsyou
‮Ouch.

Well, I already have a title screen, and yeah, I probably won't change it. Especially the smart-ass remark.

Note that this isn't going to be a trippy game, just a few quirks, and a few (insert "not" if required) funny jokes.

I've completed the 4th floor now, gonna be doing some stuff on the 5th floor.
Oh well.