The #endgame projects thread

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Appliance
The toasterhead REBORN

Post by Appliance »

Hey there guys. I'm going to make a game for this too. Unless I get bored and don't finish. I suppose I'll give you pictures when I'M GOOD AND READY (everything I have so far looks ugly).
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

Cool, lookin' forward to it.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

hey it's appliance

cool
Appliance
The toasterhead REBORN

Post by Appliance »

Well, my game is shaping up to be mostly dialouge/cinematics, but there are sparse bits of gameplay here and there including:

You know, like that old arcade game

Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

It looks pretty promising so far!
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I'm getting ahead of myself a bit here, as I'm still working on the engine and won't be doing level design anytime soon, but what maps would you guys like to see? I'm talking about real-world maps here; what locations would have interesting landforms? I would like to keep it semi-realistic, although I could see putting in an imaginary place or two - perhaps a community in-joke map with cameos in the place names...

Some thoughts so far:
*Korea
*Europe (But where in Europe?)
*Central America/Carribean/Mexico? (Again, where?)
*Australia?
*India/South Asia/Iran
*Taiwan?

Also, where do your interests lie? When it comes to war, would you be interested in the historical (Vietnam? Middle East?) or the hypothetical (For some unexplained reason New Zealand is invading Australia)? All input is welcome.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

how about israel? or is it too nowish?
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

A Middle Eastern map might still be interesting! Israel's the obvious one because it's in the news, but are there any better possibilities? For example, what about a map that includes Israel and a bit of Egypt, or a map that covers the Northeastern Mediterranean? What about the Persian Gulf?
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

greece is a pretty neat looking country, both landmark-wise and geographically. all those little pissant islands might be hard to do with blocks though.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

I've gotten somewhat farther into my project, but it seems like in order to meet the deadline I'm going to have to shorten it a little bit.

So yeah the game will be a little smaller than planned, but hopefully not by much.
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

I panicked there for a moment, thinking that the deadline was the end of this month!

Yeah, Greece would be awesome! Islands might pose a bit of a problem, but I think I'll be able to manage. What would be more interesting: a map that covered Greece and Eastern Europe, or a map over Greece and the East Mediterranean (and a bit of the Middle East)?

Also, are there any good maps to be made in South America? I'm trying to be original in selecting my locales, and I can't think of any military simulation I've played that takes place in South America. Is that because there are no interesting conflicts there, or would a South American map be interesting?
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

There are many interesting things that can be done in South America, such as drug cartel guerilla wars, or perhaps a neo-revolution.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

there was the faulklands war.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Zephyr
aaaa my capilaries

Post by Zephyr »

there are amazonian women in south america
Jotz
rank bank jotz

Post by Jotz »

I think if/when our games are released, each person should review someone else's game.