What SHOULD you be working on right now?

Housing for low income families.

Moderators: nuero, Ando

Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! <3

Post by Dr. Dos »

"I'm also flattered to report that Dr. Dos has based some of his storyline for Aura II on Dessican cosmology and history. I guess that means I'm doing something right."

WARNING STUPID GAY SHIT THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT FOLLOWS:

Aeons ago the Creator made the universe from himself. He created spirits to populate the universe which were blessed with his speed, strength, and intelligence. An entire universe of karmics. You would expect such a thing to be peaceful, but it was not so. The Creator saw the chaos and realized that power in the universe needed to balance. Rather than expend vast amounts of energy to create a race of akarmic beings, hollow shells of ourselves, he saw it fit to create just one. The hollow one was as powerful as the entire karmic race and he knew it. This balancing act proved to work well. Positive energy was given to karmic beings, and negative energy to the hollow one. But the hollow one realized he was not the opposite of a karmic, but the opposite of the entire race. What he did not know was that as easily as his power could increase it could just as easily deplete. He attempted to destroy the entire karmic race and nearly succeeded. The karmics combined all their efforts together in order to destroy him.

The Creator was displeased with what had happened. He saw that power could not be split into just two halves, and with that he constructed the Auras. Red, Blue, and Green Auras would be too weak on their own to ever attempt to destroy the karmics and too angry with each other to even try. The negative energy was put into them instead. Fights frequently broke out between the three trying to prove one to be superior to the other, but the Creator knew they're attacks on each other would also balance. For when the Red Auras led by Golmon first attacked the Green Auras led by Enerjak the casualties would severely weaken the Green. The Blue Auras led by Dimitri saw the Green Auras crippled and the Reds weary from battle and would then strike the Reds. While the Reds were now losing the Greens would recover to the point where it would be their turn to attack the weary Blues and then finish off the weakened Reds. The process was an endless cycle which would balance itself constantly preventing one third from gaining too much power.

Yet the Creator was himself weary. Creating 3 new races drastically weakened him. What the Creator didn't realize was the Hollow One was not trully gone. A fraction of his essence was stored to grow over time. You know of him as Null. Null knew little of his existance other than it was not meant to be. Angry at the Creator for making a universe he attacked. The Creator was killed by Null, the demigod of nothing.

The karmics had no idea what was happening. The three Auras blamed each other, but would of course balance. That is until Null deceived them. He manipulated the demigods to do his bidding claiming to help them avenge the Creator's destruction. That is when the war began.

The universe was well on its way to destruction at Null's hands. I myself was tainted and would have destroyed anything that meant to do Null harm. A small spirit saved me and the universe by defeating Null. Knowing Null was a hollow karmic he proceeded to give Null an aura. He made him karmic. Not used to his newly gained powers and lost old ones Karmic Null was defeated. Killed by the reincarnation of his own creator. The universe was saved and once more in balance, but the Neocreator saw what had happened when the auras worked together to destroy themselves. Dividing the universe into Everything and Nothing didn't attain balance. Dividing it further into Red, Green, and Blue Auras was only better in that it took longer for its inevitable collapse.

Neocreator created three more Auras to create a new form of balance. These three would ally with each other when the other three were at war. When red green and blue were weak they would strike alone. When the neoauras themselves were then weakened red green and blue would attack. Should the old or new auras become too strong and overcome the others they would argue over what should be done with them into a war amongst themselves leaving the other side to recover.

Once again something has gone wrong. Each Aura is currently at war with the other 5. Through luck of who outlives the others a winner will occur and balance will be destroyed once again. You are the only one who can bring peace. Years ago Neocreator was killed. Whether Null is somehow out there or if this is something else entirely I can not tell you. But you have the mark of the creator. You are destined to be far greater than Neocreator for you already are him. I wish you luck.

that is all

I think it's retarded.

I like the qwantz reference about how null was NOT MEANT TO BE like raccoons and cephalods that speak english.

it's retarded.
Visit the Museum of ZZT
Follow Worlds of ZZT on Twitter

Apologies for the old post you may have just read.
MadTom
<:D

Post by MadTom »

Dr. Dos wrote:But the hollow one realized he was not the opposite of a karmic, but the opposite of the entire race.
I like this a lot. The whole "dividing into Nothing and Everything" part is quite neat, too.
An equally boring waffling fag wrote:With my own races the main idea I set out to state is quality over quantity, and that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. The Sophisti are all-rounders and even though they're vastly outnumbered by three races who, together, outclass them in strength, speed, and magical prowess, they've affirmed their own territory and established the greatest city on the planet, and taken the statue of Arman. The other point is that intelligence is the most important of their three assets. Since reason, intelligence, and wisdom are dependent on order and rationality, Morthar (already badly corrupted by summoning Threth) couldn't duplicate this trait in the Menami. It was the best he could do to make them powerful wizards.
Morthar, as depicted in Sophistic art

Cognus, as depicted in Sophistic art

Omnus: rune and name in Sophistic longhand

Omnus (right) and Arman during the Creation
nps
so kawaii! so cute!

Post by nps »

MadTom

Post by MadTom »

:)
Dr. Dos
OH YES! USE VINE WHIP! &lt;3

Post by Dr. Dos »

Zamros wrote:You're all faggots
Watch me predict the future.

Also I think subconsciously I'm the next :ler:

We've got the inferior angry violent colored people, and the ultimate evil, the blacks, and then we have the nice superior, favored by god, whites who are better than everybody else combined. :(

Not to mention to get the best ending in the original you had to commit mass genocide. :((((((((((
Visit the Museum of ZZT

zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

"Sophistic" means "shitty" right
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Actually, since he's Italian maybe Mussolini would have been better.
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

it actually took me a minute to realize that was me

the glasses make me look like a nerd.

But I must say that is a snazzy hat. Dictators always have good fashion sense.
Visit the Museum of ZZT

superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

I should be working on lots o' stuff

b'um not
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

The grainy black-and-white texture was a nice touch.

Also, Omnus and Arman look like the fellow who peered through your bedroom window at midnight.

Even though few will read the background stories, writing them will probably give you guys some kind of subconscious advantage while writing code.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

That nightmare (apparently without my realising it) inspired the addition of Nehel to the game, who's a wraith in the villain's service. He's <S>crucially important</S> a red herring with no relevance to the plot development at all.

As for background story, I don't know about Dr. Dos, but I'd be writing a lot less if I didn't find it so interesting. Initially it was all actually supposed to go into the game before the sheer volume of the stuff made it impractical. Now, there's just references to it.
superbowl shuffle
Official Clamp School Defender

Post by superbowl shuffle »

Yeah so last night after I made that post I had a mad rush of creativity and have a whole chunk of plot planned. I would love to write it all out, but I think it would be better if it revealed itself slowly throughout the course of the game.

So you see, friends, I am trying to make games but ugh.
[size=75:lh51rn9h][b:lh51rn9h]When the 5 o'clock whistle blows, so do I.[/b:lh51rn9h]
[/size:lh51rn9h]
Ando
2SEXY4U
2SEXY4U

Post by Ando »

You based Omnus and Arman from the Zoanathrustrian (or however you spell that) Mazda and Ahriman, didn't you? I find it really neat.
MadTom

Post by MadTom »

Actually, Omnus is a corruption of the Latin for 'all' or 'everything', and Arman is just my attempt at a Hebraic-sounding word that I later made to mean 'brother' in Sophistic.

Most often the names I use mean something in the person's mother tongue, and in some way foreshadow an event, or describe the person (much as Native American names do, like "Stands With a Fist"). Medana means 'to heal' in Sophistic, Nehel means 'do not worship' in Menamic, and Garrn means 'fist' in the dumbed-down, guttural dialect of Menamic the Grendels use.

Sometimes the names don't mean anything in any language, they're just classically inspired and I just like the way they sound. Castor is one example.
Dr. Dos

Post by Dr. Dos »

CASTor
CASTs healing spells.
Visit the Museum of ZZT