Virtual Surgery

If you want to act like He-Man, grab a sword and stand on the peak of one the mountains in Valua then stick your sword into the sky screaming "I HAVE THE POWER!!".Then get struck by lightning just like He-Man.

Moderator: Commodore

Archangel
Don Juan

Virtual Surgery

Post by Archangel »

Hey guys, I just completed the Dark Cut Trilogy and unlocked everything
Flipping awesome games. I love how realistic the second and third ones were.

Who here has played virtual surgery games such as Dark Cut and Amateur Surgeon, and what did you like about them.
"Energy equals mass times the speed of light in a vacuum." Albert Einstein

Total Bullshit... Wheres my crank pipe at damn it.
Commodore
fgsdfs

Post by Commodore »

I've played trauma center, which was all right, a nice use of the wii remote, but not really realistic and the story bits were uninteresting, especially when they started with the supernatural stuff.

I remember some frog dissecting program for apple ii I used when I was in school and looking at these games I always think of it.
*POW* *CLANK* *PING*
Quantum P.
Level 17 Accordion Thief

Post by Quantum P. »

Life and Death 2 -- The Brain

This is a pretty fun game. It's really hard, though (especially aneurysm surgery), and it'll make you never want to have brain surgery ever. Some parts are convincing, others aren't (e.g., all patients with brain tumors have angiograms which look exactly the same). Pretty realistic; the programmer was actually a doctor. Abandonware.

It's actually the sequel to the original game, which I haven't played. I think the reason was I couldn't find a walkthrough with pictures. You will want walkthroughs for these games, because patients will die, and you'll have no clue as to what you did wrong.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

My elementary school had the first Life & Death on the computers, I'd always get as far as having the patient on the operating table for an appendectomy, then I'd slice my name in 'em as fast as I could before the nurse stopped me and I got sent back to Med School. A few weeks ago I found a walkthrough and actually tried to properly get the guy's appendix out, but it was still too hard, so yeah, ditto on the pictures.

Never played much of the second one, though. I just remember this one part where all the doctors are eating pizza around a body in the morgue.
zamros
my power level is enormous

Post by zamros »

Aplsos
ill make a meal of you

Post by Aplsos »